• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Well guys I tried, I really tried.. For some reason they put the ranger sole on these even though I told them to use the street sole. They put the ranger sole on these even though the sample they sent me were made with the street sole, even though they've been making astronaut repros for years now and I don't think I've ever seen them use the ranger sole on a pair of repro astronauts before. But that's the way life goes. They actually still look good in my opinion. It is what it is. For anyone interested I've got sizes UK 5 up through UK 10. $225 USD

IMG_9411.JPG

I'll have more pics up soon

Inkss

Reaction score
I've been after some ice blue sta prest for the longest while, and I finally found a deadstock/NOS pair for sale at a reasonable £33/$42.
ibsp.jpg

Hopefully the actual colour is somewhere inbetween the first and second photo. They're made by Warrior, so not expecting quality much better, or worse than Relco. They seldom come up in this colour, so I had to get 'em. (They've been at the back of a store room apparently)
I've had the last pair of 36", but there's still a pair of 34" if anyone is interested.

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been after some ice blue sta prest for the longest while, and I finally found a deadstock/NOS pair for sale at a reasonable £33/$42.
View attachment 1463829

Hopefully the actual colour is somewhere inbetween the first and second photo. They're made by Warrior, so not expecting quality much better, or worse than Relco. They seldom come up in this colour, so I had to get 'em. (They've been at the back of a store room apparently)
I've had the last pair of 36", but there's still a pair of 34" if anyone is interested.
The Air Force blue colour used to be one of the nicest original sta-prest colours

Nowhere_Man

Reaction score
Hello! Sorry for the bad english. I'm from Russia. My topic is close to this topic. Maybe the participants in this topic will tell you about my requests in my topic?

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello! Sorry for the bad english. I'm from Russia. My topic is close to this topic. Maybe the participants in this topic will tell you about my requests in my topic?

Sorry wrong movie

Inkss

Reaction score
Probably nearer to a true 'British Gangster-look' than Lock Stock :

Even that's retro late-60s/early 70s villain, and not what I'd call 'chic' either.

Inkss

Reaction score
The bloke that played Peter the Dutchman in Get Carter was also Camp Freddie in Italian Job. Definitely one of your more 'flamboyant' actors.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The bloke that played Peter the Dutchman in Get Carter was also Camp Freddie in Italian Job. Definitely one of your more 'flamboyant' actors.

I’m not sure if it’s still active but there used to be a website I looked at a few years ago with stills from just about every scene in Get Carter and what they look like in the present day. The lad who took the pics even squirmed his way past barriers to get in the condemned multi story car park where Michael Caine throws Alf Roberts off the roof. It was never finished and condemned ages ago, now torn down.
Alun Armstrong went on to have a long career as a character actor.
There’s a local lad in the pub with six fingers on one hand.
The sniper was on the train with Carter in the opening scene.
The final scene with the coal staithes was filmed on two beaches not far from where I grew up.
Great film!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads