• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Swampster

Reaction score
I wonder if there would issues wearing a flag of St George in Spain? Could it be seen as being pro-Catalan independence?

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Here is the 60s
IMG_20200811_231732423.jpg
Lee 101-J jacket (need to iron the pockets) with the Lee Leens

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The age of subcultures is kind of over to be honest which is a shame in a way.

There were two Teddy Boys around 80ish in Kingston Wetherspoons on Tuesday. They are always there at the same table. Elaborate greased hairstyle, bootlace tie, brothel creepers or winkle pickers. It is quite a heavy maintenance look. One of them even has an eye patch like Johnny Kidd and the Pirates and you have to be very old to remember them.

I also know a few people who still go on about guitar bands from 40 or 50 years ago.

So there are still small niches of these subcultures around.

donkeyjacket2

Reaction score
There were two Teddy Boys around 80ish in Kingston Wetherspoons on Tuesday. They are always there at the same table. Elaborate greased hairstyle, bootlace tie, brothel creepers or winkle pickers. It is quite a heavy maintenance look. One of them even has an eye patch like Johnny Kidd and the Pirates and you have to be very old to remember them.

I also know a few people who still go on about guitar bands from 40 or 50 years ago.

Well thats certainly dedication, wonder if we will see 80 year old skinheads

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
And the 60s Maverick jacket. Maverick was Wrangler that was sold up North in America and canada. I actually dig Maverick way more for some reason even though it's the exact same as Wrangler.

IMG_20200812_211651596.jpg

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Johnny Kidd and the Pirates were great. My Dad liked them. The Pirates, who continued well into the ‘70s without Kidd(RIP), were an excellent band, too.

I wonder if COVID will be the death knell of all actual subcultures, or if people will come out of this with a greater willingness to coalesce with their respective interest groups, and thus strengthen aforementioned subcults.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads