• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

andyf

Reaction score
Cheers mate. Great to hear you’re enjoying it. I’ve been impatiently waiting for ages to get one over here. I need to be able to cruise at 70 so need the extra beef. I contacted them and they said they’re working on getting emissions sorted for the whole of the US which is tricky as rules vary state by state and of course California has the strictest of anywhere. Here in Florida I could get most of the places I need to go without getting on the freeway I’m not on Facebook but roam around on the internet from time to time and have read a lot of good reports. They’re bringing out a series 2 style I think with 300cc which is giving some people a boner but I never liked the bulbous mudguard and side panels. I’ve passed my motorbike test here so could ride anything. Good luck!
Yes the TG series type 2.

Attachments

• E380A80E-5B05-4E3B-B408-5E64268113CD.jpeg
    E380A80E-5B05-4E3B-B408-5E64268113CD.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 58
  • C7CE8A89-F401-40E3-8FEF-9D0B6B38BA54.jpeg
    C7CE8A89-F401-40E3-8FEF-9D0B6B38BA54.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 59

Inkss

Reaction score
Nice anyway , whatever it is . Popped into see a friend that is a coachbuilder the other day. He had a c1990 mini Cooper in the forecourt that he had just repaired , this Mini was mint . The thing that struck me was how small those cars were, not the kind of thing you would want to get into if you had a dodgy back. .
A 1990 mini would be alright for me as I'm a short-arse, but those early minis and their variants were bloody death-traps.

Saying that, I wouldn't say no to a Radford or Wood & Pickett mini from the 60s/70s

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A 1990 mini would be alright for me as I'm a short-arse, but those early minis and their variants were bloody death-traps.

Saying that, I wouldn't say no to a Radford or Wood & Pickett mini from the 60s/70s

Indeed , back in the day cars just didn't have the safety features taken for granted now in the modern jellopy. Another reason the passengers would in the back moved forward of course was no seat belts .
I once read how Ford back engineered a mini, found Austin lost 30bob a car and came up with the angle box.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few TK Maxx buys from the weekend.
Both jackets are 3 button 2
Polo Ralph Lauren seersucker
IMG_8905.JPG

Polo Ralph Lauren corduroy
IMG_8906.JPG

Lee 101 chino's with turn ups
IMG_8908.JPG

Brooks Brothers chino's with full tartan lining.
IMG_8909.JPG
IMG_8910.JPG

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that seersucker Yorky. Got a similar one from J crew last year.
I also got some of those fleece lined chinos - mine from Eddie Bauer - will stash ‘em at the back of the wardrobe for storage until the time I go home in the winter!

I don’t have much luck in TJMaxx type places. Stopped by the outlet mall the other day but not impressed with what was out there.

Swampster

Reaction score
I like the idea of those lined chinos. I wonder if the Bicester Brooks Brothers has any - assuming it is still open

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that seersucker Yorky. Got a similar one from J crew last year.
I also got some of those fleece lined chinos - mine from Eddie Bauer - will stash ‘em at the back of the wardrobe for storage until the time I go home in the winter!

I don’t have much luck in TJMaxx type places. Stopped by the outlet mall the other day but not impressed with what was out there.
I always seem to drop on at the Leeds shops, I only went in to see if I could get a few things for the new job, but ended up only getting a shirt and the chino's for work. Still got plenty of work clothes though from the last time that I was lecturing. This new place is a bit less formal, plus some of the sessions will involve some practical elements, operating High Voltage switchgear etc.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of those lined chinos. I wonder if the Bicester Brooks Brothers has any - assuming it is still open
The McCarthur Glen Brooks Brothers outlet in York closed nearly a year ago, I've had some nice pieces from there over the years.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always seem to drop on at the Leeds shops, I only went in to see if I could get a few things for the new job, but ended up only getting a shirt and the chino's for work. Still got plenty of work clothes though from the last time that I was lecturing. This new place is a bit less formal, plus some of the sessions will involve some practical elements, operating High Voltage switchgear etc.
A bit jelly here as I love teaching and at one time was aiming at a career in academia. I miss it. These days it seems that actual in-person classroom teaching might be a thing of the past unless hands-on practicals are required.

There are two small colleges within about ten miles of me and in an idle moment I wonder if it’s in my future to get a part time teaching gig there when I retire from this job. Anyway hope it goes well.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah yes , Bicester is an interesting one , as it is one of those places that if you get the pronunciation wrong the taxi fare ends up being a lot more. Same with Toaster. .?

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been polishing oxblood Bedale boots like those this very evening.
I have the Burford which are very similar , infact l am not sure how the two lasts differ.

Swampster

Reaction score
I have the Burford which are very similar , infact l am not sure how the two lasts differ.
Burford is an F. Bedale is a G. The Pennine last is also quite rounded on the toe. I have two pairs of boots and three pairs of shoes on this last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics