• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like they have quite a selection of loafers and boat shoes from Weejuns, Bass, Sebago etc.
Yes some bargains to be had, in fact I've just pulled the trigger on some black penny Weejuns, again 40 quid, already got a pair, but I might relegate the older pair to wear at my new job occasionally.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The loafers look great . In the pic they look a chestnut colour, nice one.
Cheers S, they were a mid brown colour, but I gave them a first polish with Black, to darken them up a bit. I do that with most of my brown shoes.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers S, they were a mid brown colour, but I gave them a first polish with Black, to darken them up a bit. I do that with most of my brown shoes.
They look good @Yorky How well do they take the polish? I have found that the shiny nature of Weejuns today makes it much harder to darken them.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did the same to my light brown Ben Silver Harvard loafers a couple years ago, but with burgundy polish. Results were great.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers filed bankruptcy

088CF276-09E1-494B-9D27-2814F591B60E.jpeg

hopefully their new owners will bring back the glory.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have those shoes. They’re actually Crockett and Jones. I hope you got a good deal cos the price they’re advertised in the BS catalogue is a ripoff!

yeah, they were very expensive. Wouldn’t pay that much again but they are high-quality.

Inkss

Reaction score
A good buy there Yorky.
Shopping online at TK Maxx is preferable to visiting one of their stores.(well, round my way anyway)
I think the 'TK' stands for technical knockout.

Swampster

Reaction score
I find the mix varies quite a bit between the various stores near me. Some of this seems to reflect the relative affluence of the different towns.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads