• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry to do a drive-bye in here, but I’m looking for some new slim short sleeve shirts.

Looks like Brutus isn’t available here anymore. Ideally some plain oxfords, seersucker, a gingham, even a floral print would be nice. But not the billowing crap that you see in department stores.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to do a drive-bye in here, but I’m looking for some new slim short sleeve shirts.

Looks like Brutus isn’t available here anymore. Ideally some plain oxfords, seersucker, a gingham, even a floral print would be nice. But not the billowing crap that you see in department stores.
Take a look at Lands End. They send me their catalogue. They have a nice selection of summer shirts each year. Often 40% off in their never- ending sales so don’t settle for full price. Sizing can be a bit generous but they do slim fits in some designs.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed , it is like living under the Stasi in 8ts GDR . Is it achieving anything but destroying our economy? Certainly not the approach being adopted in Sweden or Japan.
28,000 died in England alone in 2014 winter and we heard nothing of it. .bizarre.
I think your skepticism is misplaced. 1300 deaths yesterday in America alone. Not just vulnerable old folks either. Until a proven ‘cure’ is found or a working vaccine then you can either live life normally and take your chances or follow the instructions. Separation is the only way to have some certainty in avoiding infection. Sure it may seem extreme but politicians can either do nothing and look like a jackass as it gets worse and worse or else invoke measures which, even if they are extreme, they’ll not be blamed for when the incidence rates decline.

Inkss

Reaction score
Threw on a titfer and went for a sort of Momo Giancana/mid-60s Leiter look.
momo.jpg

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brutus went bankrupt, Mikkel Rude did, too(a few years ago, though if you can find his shirts on eBay, get ‘em).

try these:

Also Britac and DNA Groove. Google is your friend.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Art Gallery Clothing.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think your skepticism is misplaced. 1300 deaths yesterday in America alone. Not just vulnerable old folks either. Until a proven ‘cure’ is found or a working vaccine then you can either live life normally and take your chances or follow the instructions. Separation is the only way to have some certainty in avoiding infection. Sure it may seem extreme but politicians can either do nothing and look like a jackass as it gets worse and worse or else invoke measures which, even if they are extreme, they’ll not be blamed for when the incidence rates decline.

I think it might be of benefit for you to find out what a virus is , how you 'get' a virus and also have a look at the average deaths per month say ,for last year , of people in the US from 'flu' .
You might also do well to do some research into the human immune system and what benefits it . The good news is , you live in a place where there is plenty of sunshine [vitamin D source]

One last thing , look up how many iatrogenic deaths occur in the US , every month.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not getting into a pissing contest with you over this.
And dammit Jim, I’m a Doctor!
Okay, fair enough . Maybe not go accusing people of being skeptical out of hand then , when you haven't done or are willing to do any research of your own. Sounds like you have bought into the mass hysteria , Rod

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, fair enough . Maybe not go accusing people of being skeptical out of hand then , when you haven't done or are willing to do any research of your own. Sounds like you have bought into the mass hysteria , Rod

If you object to my use of ‘skepticism’ what would you call your approach to this?

“It’s like living under the Stasi in 8ts GDR”

Either you meant that literally (which would be preposterous) or else you wrote that as a comparative rhetorical device to illustrate your ... what? Disbelief / contempt / derision for the political response? That seems an awful lot like skepticism to me.

Anyway you seemed scorned by what you call my “accusation” of your skepticism then turn round and accuse me of not being sufficiently informed. You have absolutely no idea what my knowledge base is, what research I have or haven’t done and what I’m willing or unwilling to do.

Whatever we are going through right now, I wouldn’t call it “mass hysteria” but your doing so has a hint of skepticism in that at least you see the political and/or public response as an over reaction. I’d love to know what you - with your purported superior knowledge and depth of research - would suggest the reaction to this pandemic be.

Actually that’s not true I don’t really care. Don’t bother. I’m out.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you object to my use of ‘skepticism’ what would you call your approach to this?

“It’s like living under the Stasi in 8ts GDR”

Either you meant that literally (which would be preposterous) or else you wrote that as a comparative rhetorical device to illustrate your ... what? Disbelief / contempt / derision for the political response? That seems an awful lot like skepticism to me.

Anyway you seemed scorned by what you call my “accusation” of your c then turn round and accuse me of not being sufficiently informed. You have absolutely no idea what my knowledge base is, what research I have or haven’t done and what I’m willing or unwilling to do.

Whatever we are going through right now, I wouldn’t call it “mass hysteria” but your doing so has a hint of skepticism in that at least you see the political and/or public response as an over reaction. I’d love to know what you - with your purported superior knowledge and depth of research - would suggest the reaction to this pandemic be.

Actually that’s not true I don’t really care. Don’t bother. I’m out.
You are right , l don't know what your knowledge base is but your comment based on something you picked up most likely on the media , implies that , though you may have knowledge you certainly aren't using it but instead have decided to jump on the hysterical band wagon about the daily death rate without a reference point which was why l asked you to check but with you now being 'out' , your irrational behaviour is likely to continue
Anyway , it is good to question instead of just believing everything you are told . .

It was relevant then and guess what over 40yrs later it is still relevent

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads