• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of effort to replicate a look I sported at age 13 as a milk delivery boy wearing a snorkel my Mam got me from Millets for a tenner!:D

I realise that at the extremes of weather style has to take second place to practicality but it doesn’t get that cold back home these days does it?

andyf

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of effort to replicate a look I sported at age 13 as a milk delivery boy wearing a snorkel my Mam got me from Millets for a tenner!:D

I realise that at the extremes of weather style has to take second place to practicality but it doesn’t get that cold back home these days does it?
I had a blue one and green one later. Little leather triangles above pockets.

Inkss

Reaction score
Yeah we all had ****** cheap snorkel parkas when we were younger. I'm not the biggest fan of 'em either, but the one I bought is a vintage collectable one that is worth way more than I bought and put into it. Getting it cleaned and having a zip put in at the dry cleaners and 10 minutes of sewing is hardly any effort is it ?

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah we all had ****** cheap snorkel parkas when we were younger. I'm not the biggest fan of 'em either, but the one I bought is a vintage collectable one that is worth way more than I bought and put into it. Getting it cleaned and having a zip put in at the dry cleaners and 10 minutes of sewing is hardly any effort is it ?
You reckon you’ll keep it or sell it on for a profit?

Inkss

Reaction score
Depends what I can get for it. The only flight jackets I'll definitely keep are my horsehide A2 and Nomex CWU. All the rest (Ma-1s, N2b, N3bs) will go at some point. I sold on the M51 repro to a mate yesterday.
Also got stuff like this unused Chicago Police patrolman's jacket knocking about :
cpd.jpg

cpd2.jpg

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1336506 From Soul Source, don’t know if this has been posted before but I think I might be in love! From a ’nighter in Market Harborough ‘68-‘69.......
As I have mentioned before , there always seems to be a pretty girl in these old photos that appear on here. I guess girls were just prettier back in the day . .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads