• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is still an old law, that allows you to shoot a Welsh man with a bow and arrow within the city walls of York.
I used to work just North of York, and we had a Welsh man in the office who could be a real pain ***********, and we used to threaten him with the old law, one bloke even brought in a toy bow and arrow and used to fire it at him, until he got pissed off and snapped it in half, he got very Welsh when he was angry.
When I worked down the pit, a load of Welsh lads came from North Wales after their pit closed down, and at first only spoke in Welsh so that we couldn't understand them. They were a good bunch of lads and we soon got them talking properly in Yorkshire.
I think it is rude when that is done , l have had it done to me in this country by Gaelic speakers. You should have spoken Yorkshire around them !

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it is rude when that is done , l have had it doen to me in this country by Gaelic speakers. You shoud have spoken Yorkshire around them !
My mother in law used to stay with us and was constantly yammering away to my missus in their lingo the passive aggressive old heffa. Used to get right on me wick. I won’t have her back in the house now for this and many other reasons.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My mother in law used to stay with us and was constantly yammering away to my missus in their lingo the passive aggressive old heffa. Used to get right on me wick. I won’t have her back in the house now for this and many other reasons.
I can always tell when my mother in law is at the front door - the mice start throwing themselves on the traps. .

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can always tell when my mother in law is at the front door - the mice start throwing themselves on the traps. .
My mother in law is really posh, and was privately schooled etc, but she is the loveliest kindest person, even to a working class ex miner like me. Her only fault is she will not stop talking!

Inkss

Reaction score
Couldn't help myself. Bought another parka.
They say never go food shopping when you are hungry. Don't look at parkas for sale on ebay when you're cold either.
Anyway it's a vintage 60s N-3b. Needs work on it (button loop needs replacing, zipper needs doing, some stains need sorting, and it needs a bloody good clean), but at £25/$33 I'm not compaining.
parksnrec.jpg

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't help myself. Bought another parka.
They say never go food shopping when you are hungry. Don't look at parkas for sale on ebay when you're cold either.
Anyway it's a vintage 60s N-3b. Needs work on it (button loop needs replacing, zipper needs doing, some stains need sorting, and it needs a bloody good clean), but at £25/$33 I'm not compaining.
View attachment 1328471
Hey links, is that genuine Coyote fur on that one. .

I was going to buy one a number of years ago that was about £100 , with genuine Coyote fur but l was put off by the large stencil on the back which l felt was a bit much for a guy of my age. .???

Inkss

Reaction score
I think it is coyote fur (hasn't arrived yet), which I'm not really into as I quite like coyotes.
But, if it is, I'll replace it with the faux fur trim off my M51 and put the coyote fur back on if I re-sell it later.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it is coyote fur (hasn't arrived yet), which I'm not really into as I quite like coyotes.
But, if it is, I'll replace it with the faux fur trim off my M51 and put the coyote fur back on if I re-sell it later.
Yeah, l quite like Coyotes too , in particular their fur.

Faux fur on an M51 is unusual, did you put that on , lnkss?

Interesting to think that 6ts Mods wore those N3Bs and B9s for that matter. .

Inkss

Reaction score
It's that repro one I bought a while back
ggg.jpg

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The poll is up for jacket and jeans!

Inkss

Reaction score
The N-3b I bought turned up today. No label, but doing a bit of investigating I've come to the conclusion that it's a 1962-ish Southern Athletic (judging by placement of USAF decal on left sleeve over seam, sleeve length, zipper,fur)
It's got wool batting, so it weighs a ton compared to my other, larger N-3b.
The button loops were f***** and unoriginal, so I bought proper size and colour cord to replace them and the waist and hood cord. The buttons were also unoriginal and too small, so I got the right ones and backing buttons as well. The zip has had it, but I managed to find the correct replacement for a fiver.
It was absoulutely filthy, but there were no rips or tears and the cuffs are all good. Just got back from the dry cleaners, and the bloke says he can sort it no probs for a tenner.
So the jacket owes me :
£25 Jacket
£5 Postage
£8 Buttons/backing buttons
£6 Cord
£5 Zipper
£10 New zipper sewn in (doing the buttons and loops myself)
£10 Dry cleaning

Total : £69/$90

Pretty happy with that. Doubt I could get anything as near as good for that price anywhere else.
Luckily it was listed as a 'vintage parker' and not 'N-3b' or 'parka'

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads