• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a pescatarian like DJ's granddad. For one, I consider it an extremely healthy option, and science is with me on that (especially the science of looking in the mirror). Secondly, nobody is a vegetarian or pescatarian anymore - people are either vegan or omnivores. So I'm enjoying the retro 70s vibe of my chosen lifestyle ;)
The mysterious gentleman is right about moderation , for instance , certain fish like tuna still have a high mercury content..
My brother in law is a consultant and has told me that one of the big problems with modern food is the amount of preservatives that go into it , or are sprayed on it.
I recall when a loaf lasted 1 day , nowadays they dont go off until about days 4, maybe longer . If l take a lettuce from my garden and put it in the fridge , it goes floppy after a day but the one from the supermarket will remain crisp for around 4 days again.
He also told me that in countries where they dont eat sucrose, the incidence of cancer is very , very small. .
Fresh organic food anyone. .?

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Actually, in order to eat fish one has to maintain fish stocks. Just saying.

Microfiber for footwear probably makes up 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001% of the pollution. The majority of the plastic polluting the oceans actually comes from netting and line left by the fishing boats.

Bela Kun

Reaction score
The mysterious gentleman is right about moderation , for instance , certain fish like tuna still have a high mercury content..
My brother in law is a consultant and has told me that one of the big problems with modern food is the amount of preservatives that go into it , or are sprayed on it.
I recall when a loaf lasted 1 day , nowadays they dont go off until about days 4, maybe longer . If l take a lettuce from my garden and put it in the fridge , it goes floppy after a day but the one from the supermarket will remain crisp for around 4 days again.
He also told me that in countries where they dont eat sucrose, the incidence of cancer is very , very small. .
Fresh organic food anyone. .?

Yes, moderation might be the key. In fact, I was originally inspired to go without meat by our comrade general secretary Edward Gierek, who - as my parents told me - went on TV to tell the Poles that they have a "poor nutritional structure", because they "eat too much meat". Helpfully, there was no meat in the shops during that period, so following the general secretary's advice was easier then than it is today.

But I try: in fact, I have a picture of cde Gierek hanging in my kitchen. I look at it for inspiration in moments when I crave for meat and threaten to relapse.

Having said that, it's actually quite easy for me to go without meat altogether, just as long as I've got fish - and probably healthier too.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Yes, moderation might be the key. In fact, I was originally inspired to go without meat by our comrade general secretary Edward Gierek, who - as my parents told me - went on TV to tell the Poles that they have a "poor nutritional structure", because they "eat too much meat". Helpfully, there was no meat in the shops during that period, so following the general secretary's advice was easier then than it is today.

But I try: in fact, I have a picture of cde Gierek hanging in my kitchen. I look at it for inspiration in moments when I crave for meat and threaten to relapse.
View attachment 1326443

Having said that, it's actually quite easy for me to go without meat altogether, just as long as I've got fish - and probably healthier too.
Fish is meat. They aren't plants

Inkss

Reaction score
It looks like these scooters have modern tech , for instance, it looks like they have the benefit of disc brakes but where are the indicators? The only thing l missed whilst riding a classic Lambretta were the indicators, sticking your arm out on today's roads where all the other drivers are going hell for leather , is a pain. .
Maybe they fhit them as a retro fit ?
The rear turn signals/indicators are diguised as the panel-release handle
ra2.jpg

And I think the front ones are on the mudguard
tg2.jpg

Newton heath

Reaction score
I asked for a organic vegan sandwich in my local , the landlord looked at me and said” my wife will fetch you a packet of vegan crisps she’s in charge of the catering

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1326443

Growing up in this country, back in the day , there was no way we were eating as much meat as is consumed by the general population now . I reckon in the 8ts meat got cheaper , in particular, chicken.
I don't eat meat but l do eat fish occasionally and eggs quite often but avoid sucrose.
I know my metabolic rate has slowed down so , in turn l eat less than I used to. I need those suits to still fit me. .?

Newton heath

Reaction score
Growing up in this country, back in the day , there was no way we were eating as much meat as is consumed by the general population now . I reckon in the 8ts meat got cheaper , in particular, chicken.
I don't eat meat but l do eat fish occasionally and eggs quite often but avoid sucrose.
I know my metabolic rate has slowed down so , in turn l eat less than I used to. I need those suits to still fit me. .?
When I was growing up in the sixties beef , chicken and ham were expensive lamb was dirt cheap , indeed chicken was a luxury , and I’ve got to say there is nothing worse and boring than someone trying to convert people , be it politics ,religion ,and now food of all things .

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was growing up in the sixties beef , chicken and ham were expensive lamb was dirt cheap , indeed chicken was a luxury , and I’ve got to say there is nothing worse and boring than someone trying to convert people , be it politics ,religion ,and now food of all things .
Let's get back to the thread, and less of this Morrisey "meat is murder", having said that there are things walking about on the high street that are committing sartorial murder.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
I produce classic English and American style footwear and clothing that is cruelty free and show case it here. I don't try to push my views on anyone. When people start taking the piss or making excuses for animal abuse I feel obliged to say something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics