• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Each to his own never heard of that but i'm not going to stop eating meat, im not the healthiest eater either but i'm here to have a good time not live a long time.
Screenshot_20200128-111818~2.png

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
No idea who that is mate, i just like eating meat nowt political about it, personal preference.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
vegan or not, those "beyond" fake meats are so overly processed, it's a slow-drip of poisoning your body. Soy protein isolate (SPI) which is used in so many non-animal proteins, is one of the worst things you can eat. it's ironic to see protesters campaign for anti-GMO but will gladly eat "beyond burgers" all day long. *shrug*

i know many vegans, but very few of them eat a healthy vegan lifestyle. if it's not "beyond meat" then their diets often surround pasta. nothing against pasta but it shouldnt be the core food product in your diet. the last few years I've really gotten into nutrition and fitness so this tangent resonates, and one of my trainers is a vegan (but does it correctly) so this is something we've had numerous talks about.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
vegan or not, those "beyond" fake meats are so overly processed, it's a slow-drip of poisoning your body. Soy protein isolate (SPI) which is used in so many non-animal proteins, is one of the worst things you can eat. it's ironic to see protesters campaign for anti-GMO but will gladly eat "beyond burgers" all day long. *shrug*

i know many vegans, but very few of them eat a healthy vegan lifestyle. if it's not "beyond meat" then their diets often surround pasta. nothing against pasta but it shouldnt be the core food product in your diet. the last few years I've really gotten into nutrition and fitness so this tangent resonates, and one of my trainers is a vegan (but does it correctly) so this is something we've had numerous talks about.

Personally I eat a raw whole food plants based diet, I agree that processed foods are negative but veganism is about morality, not health and considering how bad the animal flesh is for ones health and the fact that most flesh eaters are eating processed foods anyway, I advocate that they try the mock meats. The beyond burger is made from peas, not soy.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
pea protein is def better than soy, but again there's an inherent irony of wanting to basically eat meat without eating meat *shrug*. Without this going down the shithole, I will just leave it at that if anyone wants to eat vegan, great, go for it. if you do it for moral reasons, then do it for your own perception of personal virtue, but once vegans start grandstanding their morality, it's not too difficult to call out their virtue signaling and hypocrisy. but that goes for a lot of political positons. just do you and dont preach about it.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
pea protein is def better than soy, but again there's an inherent irony of wanting to basically eat meat without eating meat *shrug*. Without this going down the shithole, I will just leave it at that if anyone wants to eat vegan, great, go for it. if you do it for moral reasons, then do it for your own perception of personal virtue, but once vegans start grandstanding their morality, it's not too difficult to call out their virtue signaling and hypocrisy. but that goes for a lot of political positons. just do you and dont preach about it.
Let's not forget it's not vegans that are murdering animals for pleasure. If you're ever in a position to protect someone from harm are you really going to watch them become a victim because you don't want to force your morality on the abuser? By that logic all murderers and rapists should be free to do as they please, anything else would be "moral grandstanding."

As for people wanting to eat faux meat, our pallets are programed from a young age. We build Neural pathways for our habits. That's why my friends who have been vegan or vegetarian from birth don't have any desire to eat mock meat. The mock meat is there for people who are trying to transition. The only way to combat and unwind a Neural pathway is to build a new one for a new habit.

Bela Kun

Reaction score
I'm a pescatarian like DJ's granddad. For one, I consider it an extremely healthy option, and science is with me on that (especially the science of looking in the mirror). Secondly, nobody is a vegetarian or pescatarian anymore - people are either vegan or omnivores. So I'm enjoying the retro 70s vibe of my chosen lifestyle ;)

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe in all things in... uh... moderation. And that there is no such thing as a free lunch. And despite the pun I'm serious here - nothing comes without a cost, usually an unforeseen one.

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
I'm a pescatarian like DJ's granddad. For one, I consider it an extremely healthy option, and science is with me on that (especially the science of looking in the mirror). Secondly, nobody is a vegetarian or pescatarian anymore - people are either vegan or omnivores. So I'm enjoying the retro 70s vibe of my chosen lifestyle ;)

You mean my dad haha my granddad eats just as unhealthy as me.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new Royal Alloy Series ii-alike looks pretty sweet.
View attachment 1326048
View attachment 1326050
It looks like these scooters have modern tech , for instance, it looks like they have the benefit of disc brakes but where are the indicators? The only thing l missed whilst riding a classic Lambretta were the indicators, sticking your arm out on today's roads where all the other drivers are going hell for leather , is a pain. .
Maybe they fhit them as a retro fit ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads