• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
To me a lot of women dont dress like women anymore, there is that look whereby they combine those tight black leggings with a big pair of black DM's , l call it the Max Wall look because that's what it reminds me of. .maybe some sort of androgynous thing. .

Thats an image ill never shake off every time i see a woman wearing leggings with dm's now good lord

Inkss

Reaction score
The grey birdseye one looks like a great purchase. .
The grey wool one turned up, but unfortunately the birdseye one I ordered couldn't be found when they went to package it (Which was a pisser as I already had a pair of matching trousers)
IMAG0019.jpg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To me a lot of women dont dress like women anymore, there is that look whereby they combine those tight black leggings with a big pair of black DM's , l call it the Max Wall look because that's what it reminds me of. .maybe some sort of androgynous thing. .
Haha I’m in New York right now and this look is very much in evidence!

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Rodders , maybe you have ran into some sort of Max Wall Appreciation Society. .
I'm a frequent visitor to the south-east of England where , thankfully it is a much less observed look. .

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The grey wool one turned up, but unfortunately the birdseye one I ordered couldn't be found when they went to package it (Which was a pisser as I already had a pair of matching trousers)
View attachment 1322785
That is disappointing Inkss as that jacket did look exceptional. .

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My best friend at uni wears red DMs with leggings and she looks utterly gorgeous. So ner ner na NER ner! :D

Inkss

Reaction score
When I was there in '90 there were a quite a few women wearing those harlequin catsuits (a la Deee-Lite), which was nice. The most well-turned-out ladies were the young Nuyorican women. Always dressed to the nines, no matter what the style.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was there in '90 there were a quite a few women wearing those harlequin catsuits (a la Deee-Lite), which was nice. The most well-turned-out ladies were the young Nuyorican women. Always dressed to the nines, no matter what the style.
Yup agreed - but that’s only in the summer. Right now everyone’s just shuffling about in the cold and 90% of winter coats are black, grey or navy so it’s like being in a Fritz Lang film. I love NYC in the warm weather but it’s shite in the winter.

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
I posted the whole thing back on page 2088, but I think the first bit where he's dressing up, is the most interesting, styles-wise.

When i watched it they looked like the ones who may of actually been skinheads, judging by there style, the main lad is an actor.

There is also skins in the series 2 episode safe in the streets

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads