• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
To each their own but my thing is to be smart when you go out ,it doesn’t mean you have to have “ labels “ it doesn’t have to be expensive , it’s a personal thing if people are happy to wear sky blue denim jeans , benny hill shirts and white trainers then that’s up to them and good luck with it . It’s just not for me . at sixty five wearing a suite jacket and or a overcoat or a barour quilted jacket looks far better than a leather jacket ( which I would have loved but as the salesman said “ not for you “ and he was right , forty years ago yep.

Should of took a pic then posted it on here for opinions, what kind of leather jacket was it?

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
I reckon the general public don't care what you wear anymore , and by the looks of them they don't care what they wear either. .

Gone are the days of your mates saying "hey , look at the Dan Dares on that guy. .lol"

you get comments from young uns prob 16 to 20 age range maybe but they don't know what clobber is outside of sports gear, especiallly old clothes what i wear, mainly ''peaky blinders'' even though i look more 1970's than 20's

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you get comments from young uns prob 16 to 20 age range maybe but they don't know what clobber is outside of sports gear, especiallly old clothes what i wear, mainly ''peaky blinders'' even though i look more 1970's than 20's
I must be lucky then to only get compliments now . .

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
I get them from older people sometimes, i don't expect young uns to understand so it just goes in one ear out of the other.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More old man gear here:

Go vote, gents!

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the edification of those too young (...or too old...) to recall the 'Aggro Boy' episode of a certain police drama from a long line of police dramas, here it be:

Originally aired on the 8th of January, 1970

Ah yes , the days of British kitchen sink drama brought to you in low definition , those were the days. .

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sequel to Z-Cars... good show
Z-Cars , originally concieved to compete with ITV's Coronation St , went on to change the way Britain was policed . Newtown , was thinly disguised as Kirkby . .

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of wish modern dramas had that grit and character, its all boring, sterile PC nonsense these days.
Watch the first run of ‘True Detective’ with Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaghey if you have Netflix or whatever. Plenty of grit and character in one of the best shows I’ve ever watched on telly. Seriously brilliant stuff and the director is doing this year’s Bond fillum so I have high hopes for it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads