• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Sirryacus

Reaction score
300 were herded into the railed off tower gardens haha obviously if they were as bad as they had claimed that wouldn't have been possible would it?

Gsvs5

Reaction score

I've seen this before but don't know if it's been posted. (Apologies if a re-post.)

Skegness, 1970.

trogs and Thunderbirds? that's a new one to me?

Gsvs5

Reaction score
From Paul Smith's Autumn collection:

... inspiration straight from 71/72 (?)
I would say it's from Piet Mondrian's "Composition A" in 1923 , elwood.
Glad not to accept any responsibility for the PS homage.

Ed Vaughan

Reaction score

From Paul Smith's Autumn collection:

... inspiration straight from 71/72 (?)
I admit I had a couple of fairly sedate 'South Sea Bubble' crew necks - but did see a few very bad versions back then, too.

The above example would certainly fall into the latter camp - IMHO. :slayer:

Last edited:

elwood

Reaction score

I admit I had a couple of fairly sedate 'South Sea Bubble' crew necks - but did see a few very bad versions back then, too.

The above example would certainly fall into the latter camp - IMHO. :slayer:

Agreed, Ed. My recollection of South Sea versions was of more pastel shades. PS' version's a demented Battenberg by comparison.

Gsvs5

Reaction score

What i know about Art elwood ,you could write on the back of a postage stamp ! I just happen to know Mondrian (specifically this work) as his work has been plundered and plagerised by so many over the years and has been seen in everything from 60's fashion to furniture.

Last edited:

Sirryacus

Reaction score
Reminds me of a fast food restaurant we have here Hot Dog on a Stick the girls still to this day wear those 60's influenced uniforms.

Last edited:

Gsvs5

Reaction score
Mods who go potholing........I think someone is taking the piss here Ed
Funny that Glasgow Herald is dated June 1965 and the video is said to be Skegness 1970.

Last edited:

Ed Vaughan

Reaction score

Mods who go potholing........I think someone is taking the piss here Ed
Funny that Glasgow Herald is dated June 1965 and the video is said to be Skegness 1970.
Ah, but if you get caught with a fu** off big chib, you'll say anything. :satisfied:

As for the TV report, well, it is the east of England so all the TVs were gas-powered and ran five years' behind the rest of the UK. :happy:

(Ducks and runs for cover!!!) :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads