1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

We had rows on here before,so you wont get into "trouble".Were you a 70s Skingirl or did you mix with the Skinheads,around your Manor.Just curious as you have not put too much up-about yourself. :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Botolph

Botolph Senior member

Nice coat! I have what looks like the identical sheepy(at least in design),except it had suede covered buttons which I replaced with "football" buttons. Reminds me of a certain Macc Lads song…

3. whodicapfit

whodicapfit Member

4. seventiessister

seventiessister Active Member

I was, sadly, too young but was what you might call a 'wannabe' Skingirl.

My older sister and my cousins were though, they were born, 1954, 55, 56, so were older than me. It was great at my cousins house because my aunty had sons and they would bring their mates around and me and my younger sister and younger cousin would just drool (while listening to all the best music of course). My OH was a Skin, he's 4 years older than me. I just loved the look as well as the music. Did sort of try and hang round but older teens don't always want younger teens hanging around with them.

x

5. seventiessister

seventiessister Active Member

Hello Bob the Badger,

You may have seen my post to Mr Browiecj (sorry I dont know how to do multi quotes).

6. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

I was, sadly, too young but was what you might call a 'wannabe' Skingirl.  

My older sister and my cousins were though, they were born, 1954, 55, 56, so were older than me.  It was great at my cousins house because my aunty had sons and they would bring their mates around and me and my younger sister and younger cousin would just drool (while listening to all the best music of course).  My OH was a Skin, he's 4 years older than me.  I just loved the look as well as the music.  Did sort of try and hang round but older teens don't always want younger teens hanging around with them.

My younger Sister was born in `55 and she used to hang about with us-so we had her choice of Music and mine being played in our House.My Mum loved it. :) Whereabouts did you live or are the Books about your local area ??Like I said just asking.:)

7. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

I like the way they go through to the mid 70s.Pretty much how we went scruffy(after Skinhead).The real interesting one for me is the Guy sitting astride a Motorbike with a Leather Jacket and another Style of the Solatios(without the interlaced top). :)

8. The Saint

The Saint Senior member

Aye , similarly I thought the one with the guy sitting on the Vega was an interesting one too , though we don't get a proper look at his footwear. Apparently , the guy on the Harley doesn't own it . .

My favourite pic though , was the one of Jan from 1974. .[​IMG]

9. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

Looking at the photos, and the number that showed pics, accompanied by 'RIP', reminds me of the good pals I had that are no longer with us... shame, as most would now be around the 60 mark. :(

I'm doing okay as I reckon I'm fairly pickled. :satisfied:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  10. covskin

covskin Senior member

^ urgh, just saw a lumberjack jacket for the first time in decades. Why oh why?

Edit: false alarm!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  11. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Yes,I have lost a few Mates.One was a great one Micky Blackwell - you are still remembered Mate.R.I.P.

12. Bob the Badger

Bob the Badger Senior member

Good purchase Ed. I like the shape of the Clarks. The Loakes have a deeper and better brogue hole punch in IMO but the leather of the Clarks looks good. The ones I saw were made in Vietnam, as are the Desert boots. If you can turn them into a true burgundy they will be even better.

13. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Senior member

I went and had a look in Clarks at these,I liked the tan ones,they seem well stitched and I think they could be made in England I couldn't find any markings at all on the ones I saw .
    I wonder if an English company made these for Clarks and they don't want it known as even at full price the Clarks are so much cheaper than any made in England brogue I have seen.

14. Bob the Badger

If they are made in England then they are a real bargain.

15. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Senior member

Absolutely,but I also noticed something strange ( well I think so) if you look on Clarks website at the back view of the 2 coloured shoe it is different to the back view of Eds shoes,the ones on Clarks site have a vertical seem where Eds have a seperate vertical leather piece stitched either side for strength.
    The tan shoes that I saw in Clarks were the same as Eds,so maybe there were 2 separate lots made in different places ?.
    I am no expert on shoes but I can usually tell made in India Loakes from made in England by the stitching on the soles,the made in India stitching isn't so even ( IMO ).

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  16. Bob the Badger

Well spotted. The ones I saw had a vertical seam.

17. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

my mate, Den.

This was around 1970-71 - he was 16/17.

Passed away, too young, six years ago - we'd sort of 'fallen out' for nearly 25 years, but I still miss him.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. Clouseau

Clouseau Senior member

Good pic Ed. Happy days. I guess we all mourn some close friends.
    Den's girlfriend looks good, under her face tatoo [​IMG]!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  19. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

:D:D

20. The Saint

The Saint Senior member

I concur. .