1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Clouseau

Clouseau Senior member

Not sure at all this is the good picture. Babs is probably the guy with the adidas T-shirt (fourth from left). What about the first lad from left ? He looks quite familiar, but...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  2. The Jak

The Jak Member

welcome, Natharkins!

Please do us all a great favor if it isn't too much trouble and post any photos you might have of your dad from the era. I'm sure you are aware the high regard a great many of us hold him and his friends in. Your presence on the forum is a treat for all of us. Cheers!

3. The Saint

The Saint Senior member

Yeh , you can easily see that Don Arden paid the band in clothes rather than cash. Here is my favourite Small Faces video , which I think was done over in Deutschland. ,

[​IMG]

Sadly Kenny Jones is the only one left , unless we still count Ian's predecessor. .

4. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

I used to spend a lot of my younger days in Hospital(various reasons)so when my Parents visited me,Mum would always smuggle in a bottle of Guinness.It did wonders if she remembered the bottle-opener.......:)

5. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

It was a sad day when I heard about Ian`s death.To me, he was a driving force in both the Small Faces and the Faces. Watching "Imagine - with Rod Stewart" on BBC 4 Last night.Interesting to see the early pictures of him being Mod and with the Hoochie Coochie Men/Steampacket.But there must have been real animosity when the Faces split up.Wood went with Stewart and the others went their way.For Stewart,they never really met up again.

6. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

It annoys me when I hear Sharon Osbourne gobbing off, about how great her father was,when he was a shyster in the 60s.

3 people like this.
  7. The Saint

The Saint Senior member

If I remember correctly , Ronnie Lane wanted to break the Faces up before Rod Stewart could do to the Faces as Marriott had done to the Small Faces. .

It ended up pretty grim for Plonk , living in a caravan at the bottom of Pete Townsend's garden . Meanwhile , Stevie Marriott embarked upon a different course of self destruction and even his old pal Frampton couldn't save him from his own sad finale. .

8. Inks

Inks Senior member

He was indeed a nasty piece of work. Apart from Sharon, I don't think I've ever heard a good word said about the bloke. And he's been mentioned in umpteen programmes and documentaries over the years.

9. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

Kept you occupied for hours if she didn't! :D

10. The Saint

The Saint Senior member

Townsend always goes on about how the Small Faces never made any money( despite being commercially successful). You would have to think , that that is down to one man , ie her daddy. .

11. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

Saw these and wondered if anyone has seen them 'in the flesh' as it were: http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20355954

Originally £110 but reduced to £75 in their latest sale.

Black and brown available.

EDIT: The black are still £110 (slap! :brick:) but the Burgundy Combi (brown) are £74.99.

They still look ok for the money and, as they are made by Clarks, chances are they will last (no pun intended) for a fair old time.

Dunno where they are made but, I've ordered the Burgundy Combi, so I'll let you know what they're like when they turn up.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  12. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

That is why I have no Teeth,M-o-M. :D

13. Jukebox Dury

Jukebox Dury Senior member

My dad does that to open bottles. either that or a lighter if there was no opener available.

14. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

I often see people doing that, don't do it myself, usually use a key if there's no bottle opener. Find a cap that's bit tight, and could end-up ripping your teeth out....not good.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  15. Bob the Badger

Bob the Badger Senior member

I noticed the shoes a couple of weeks ago when I was in Clarks looking at desert boots. I thought they were a bit light for wingtips with the soles on the thin side. They were a great shape and I might of been interested if they did them in a true burgundy. Okay for the price.

16. The Saint

The Saint Senior member

I bought my longwing brogues from discount shoes at Strutton Ground by mail order. They sell the Loake ones and usually have the best prices but you will need to phone them for the best price. .

The delivery is also very good , usually next day. .

17. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

Nice one, Bob.

I reckon they will do for work or maybe even the match as, like you say, for the price AND being Clarks, I reckon I can't go wrong.

18. Bob the Badger

I meant to write longwings not wingtips .

19. Bob the Badger

Were they in burgundy? how much did you pay?

20. The Saint

The Saint Senior member

No , mine are black . They were under £100 but I bought them a couple of yrs ago , I'd say that it is worth a call , they are a very reputable company ran by a father and son. .

[​IMG]
    Discount Shoe Sales Ltd
    31 Strutton Ground
    Westminster
    London
    SW1P 2HY
    United Kingdom

Nearest Tube Station: St.James's Park on the District & Circle Line

Phone & Fax Number: (+44) 0207 222 5223
    Opening Times:
    9.30am - 5.00pm Monday
    9.30am - 5.00pm Tuesday