1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Basset

Basset Senior member

Mother loved them, im afraid all there 45's ended up in bits, me and my brother, used them as exploding frisbee's back in the early 70's, the wall used was a tastefull screen block job, all hand made by the old man

2. Basset

Basset Senior member

Bob in the middle, nice bloke

1 person likes this.
  3. Con Seanery

Con Seanery Active Member

I was after a chunky waffle knit cardigan but didn't want to spend allot as I generally layer with sleeveless jumpers (in Southern Cali its hotter then hell 9 months out of the year). As stated, Mikkel & a few others offer those, but they can be pricey. So I took McDermott's advice from page 343 of this thread, researched the label and found it at Viper London on sale for £19.99. "Like" Viper on facebook and they send you a first purchase 20% off code. Ended up grabbing two (black & burgundy) for £31 total.

As McDermott stated before, switch out the cheap/fake plastic buttons for real leather football ones & its good to go (about £6 to replace all 5 buttons). Be advised: The cost is low on these due to the buttons & acrylic so your not getting quality wool if that is a concern. Also: These do not have pockets. On sizing: My chest is 41-42" & I normally wear fitted gear so I went with size "M" and the fit is dead on, -no stretching & isn't see-through at that size, sits on the hips/is waisted.

Quoting McDermott's size advice that is dead on: "I have the burgandy, size L, and the pit to pit is 23'', so bearing in mind that they are stretchy too, id say that was quite big sizing. Id say go by what you usually are (M,L,Xl etc) if you want a slightly baggier version (like you see popular with 80s skins) and a size down if you want more fitted. im a 42 and the L fits me nicely (little baggy, fair bit of room but very oldschool looking)."

4. Botolph

Botolph Senior member

Pendleton is having quite a sale and they have virgin wool cardigans with pockets, faux-leather football buttons, etc. For those unfamiliar, Pendleton is a quality American brand who inspired the Beach Boys to originally name themselves the Pendletones. Sadly, this cardigan isn't American-made, but it's $74-$108 in price range, depending on color. Not waffle material, but nice and chunky-looking:

http://www.pendleton-usa.com/produc...iteID=J84DHJLQkR4-KcvhsR69.tIUp3oumLMHVg#tabs

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. bunty

bunty Senior member

[​IMG]

Nice cardy, 1968

6. riton23

riton23 Active Member

St Michael (M&S) cardigans

[​IMG]

7. Sirryacus

Sirryacus Senior member

Although not the quality they were in years past(who is really) I would still put the quality of their non-usa made stuff up against plenty of brands appearing nowadays that cost 3 times more.

1 person likes this.
  8. loempiavreter

loempiavreter Senior member

Nice one Bunty. From your brother circle?

---
    Happy new year all!

Here's the new year's gift, photo's from oop north:

Yarmouth 1970
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This one is obviously later:
    [​IMG]

The following is also from a twisted wheeler, first one looks 80s (white socks!)... but it's 60s (all the same person in the photo):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. riton23

riton23 Active Member

wow ! pretty girl with a lovely look .....

[​IMG]

10. Gsvs5

Gsvs5 Senior member

Just a heads up for those of you who are looking for the unusual.
    Brooks Bros US website is showing a lot of Footwear.Everything from the Good,Bad to Ugly.
    How about Tartan Longwings,Scarpa Pie Crusts or Pebble Grain Split toe Oxfords?

11. bunty

bunty Senior member

No mate, that's not one of our lot, I found that on another site, no other info. other than the year unfortunately.

Great photos, the top Yarmouth one looks very similar to one of M.o.M's, same pose!

In the bottom pic, to the left, there's a girl with white socks on. I know these were fashionable at the time, but would Skinhead girls have worn them?

Apologies if we have talked about these before but I'm a pervy old git

The b & w photo of the lad on the Lammy is all wrong - they've stuck his head onto somebody else's body!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  12. ShortBackAndSides

ShortBackAndSides Active Member

13. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Senior member

That picture of the girls is exactly how I remember some of the girls a bit older than me at school dressing,well done finding that.
    Just had a look on that site,theres a few other pictures on there,one of them has been on here before,some interesting comments on there too.

14. Inks

Inks Senior member

[​IMG]
    Not really my cup of tea, but Matalan are doing a leather Chukka Boot for £30. I only wear black shoes myself, and I'm definitely not in a hurry to go back inside my local Matalan.

15. Inks

Inks Senior member

Some 1960s deadstock half-sleeved, tapered poly/cotton 'Sta-prest' BDs for sale on US ebay.
    The white ones are Sears (Made in British Hong Kong) and the yellow-uns are JC Penneys.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the seller is: glrplc2 . He/she has a few other deadstock BDs

16. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Senior member

Could it be white boots ?

17. Inks

Inks Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Good ole' Photoshop.

18. Gramps

Gramps Senior member

Why go to the extreme of Photoshopping a face, yet leave the Attire (and the Lambretta) so bad??. Too much time on their hands perhaps. Excellent Shots otherwise.

19. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

You mean this one:
    [​IMG]

Nice shades, though!

20. Clouseau

Clouseau Senior member

I doubt they wore sleeveless jumper with a Merc logo in the 60s, even in the 80s ! [​IMG][​IMG]