Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

Welcome cerneabbas.We could use a Bristol perspective.

2. Basset

Basset Senior member

A gert big welcome, from one Bristolian to another

3. Pressure_Drop

Pressure_Drop Senior member

One big Bristolian lovefest going on here! Welcome Cerneabbas (big fella are you :) ?) So what house were you in? Nicholas? Hancocks? Smiths?

4. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Senior member

Thanks for the welcome,i ts a bit strange but having read through the thread i already know some of your ideas and thoughts so its almost like you are not total strangers.
    Well done on the cerne abbas deduction Chris,i like to think i am... haha. moneys house.
    Going back to the steel comb,i wonder if anyone can remember a poster (A 3 size ?) given away in a comic of a cartoon skinhead,wearing boots,jeans with turn ups,a steel comb in his back pocket stood next to a milestone pointing to bovver ?
    I cant remember the name of the comic but i remember having the poster on the bedroom wall.
    Also can anyone remember the song "skinheads" by Fred Wedlock ? i tried to explain it to a 27 year old that i work a few weeks ago,after explaining what a skinhead was,what a parking meter was,what fruit gums were....i gave up.

5. bunty

bunty Senior member

Some Original Skinheads from Liverpool discuss 'Como' shoes. Are these the 60s version Solatios? I think that's what is being described here -

http://www.yoliverpool.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-3865.html

Was asking around about the wearing of blazers around our way back in the day - it missed us. Suit jackets worn with different coloured sta-prest, but no blazers and badges though.

Hello Cerneabbas :D

Last edited: May 7, 2013

6. Watermelon man

Watermelon man Well-Known Member

Mentioned this a few posts back. From 'Target' magazine circa 1972.

7. Botolph

Botolph Senior member

Welcome to the forum buddy. Is this Miles Wootton song the one of which you speak? For the younger '80s and younger set on here, the Last Resort reworked/plagiarised this as "Violence In Our minds":

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

8. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Senior member

Thanks for that Watermelon man,just shows how carefully i read the thread !
    I have to say that Target does not ring any bells with me,the poster was obviously what i bought the magazine for,sad but i was about 13.
    I saw earlier in the thread someone put up a picture of some burgundy Pierre Cardin brogues,they are a longwing and are also in blue or tan,they are quite lightweight with a leather sole and are reduced to £70 in Pavers shoes (i saw them in Swindon outlet centre but they have a website).

9. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Senior member

Thats the song Botolph....listening to it took me back a long time,it must be over 35 years since i heard it last ! !

10. elwood

elwood Senior member

I had (and still have) Manchester City's 1972 single "The Boys in Blue". Composed by three members of 10CC - but obviously not one of their better efforts:

[​IMG]

11. elwood

elwood Senior member

That has a ring of credibility to it - just the sort of thing your grandma might have come out with and her generation would have been familiar with barrel organ monkeys I'd guess.

12. elwood

elwood Senior member

Welcome, cerneabbas. Same vintage as me and I also first found the thread following up Royals ... agree with what you say about prevalence of scruffdom.

13. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Welcome cerneabbas.

14. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Senior member

Thanks elwood,i have read your posts with interest because i followed football back then (only listen on the radio matchdays now).
    Scruffs...i see too many blokes our age wearing jogging/sweat pants "cos theyre comfy" and cheap lidl/aldi trainers "cos theyre comfy"...the worst story i heard recently was when someone i work with went to a funeral and a bloke in his fifties turned up in a TRACKSUIT !

15. Basset

Basset Senior member

Or even worse, crocs! went to the North Somerset show yesterday and they had a stall there, the urge to burn it down was overwhelming