Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Yes,and if you shook them up-get totally drenched with the Beer!!.Had that happen a couple of times-some of my Mates were Jokers of the Pack.

2. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights Senior member

I recall we wore mainly fine knit / lambs wool ? and the pockets were a must on the cardigans. Very casual and usful item of clothing as you would stuff your hands in your pockets to look cool and when on the move you had your fags and Zippo in the pocket. Theres a thought beside the Zippo we started off with the old army metal flint lighters - gas ones were too expensive so we tended to smell of Brut and lighter fuel. Thats it - we were always trying to obtain a Ronson gas lingter or a Dunhill would be the tops

3. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

When the Fuel had come out of the Metal Lighters,they be all Flame.Lucky in that my Mum(to earn extra)did Home work for Ronson Lighters.

4. Gsvs5

Gsvs5 Senior member

There used to be a little grocers shop that sold single Woodbines and an "Offy" that you took an empty Cider bottle in and get filled with draught sherry.It was all downhill for a few years after that !

5. buttons

buttons Senior member

There was a similar shop I knew in Sunderland - took a Brown Ale bottle in and got a pint of sherry for a quid (in '86, at the tender non-sherry drinking age of 15). Drank it on the way to a party. Spent most of the night passed out on the bathroom floor. Don't think I've drank sherry since.
    (not so) Happy Days!

6. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

It's always that way with Musicians browniecj.Early 60's Dylan was doing folk music from the 20's.The British bands were doing British Music Hall.And some American Pop (Harry Nilsson)was doin American Vaudeville.As long as they learn from the "Good" stuff.

7. Basset

Basset Senior member

Bought it from a gentlemans outfitters that was closing down not far from where i live, its made by wolsey, there still going and there knitwears good imo

8. Botolph

Botolph Senior member

Not to derail, but to all the English in this forum, I hope you're having a Happy St. George's Day! Now carry on with your real ale, pie'n'mash, and what have ya. :)

9. Basset

Basset Senior member

Ditto, draught sherry was available in the local offie, armadillo brand i think, burgundy and white ceramic cask with the little drip cup hanging under the tap, having been paid with my first weeks wages in 83 me and me mate bought some along with half oz of old holburn and some rizlas, drank, smoked, barfed, not the best nite i've had

10. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Cheers Botolph..and Happy St Georges day to all Englishmen who have spread all around the World. :)

11. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Yeh...Happy St George's Day from an Englishman on the other side of the world.. :D Got no real ale or pie'n'mash though, but I got a made in China England flag and a bottle of Beijing Yanjing beer!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013

12. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Thank-you Botolph.I also agree with what Lasttye has said.:fonz:

13. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

14. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

Basically, if an old bloke was wearing it, it was old bloke's gear. If we were wearing it, it wasn't. I honestly think it was as simple as that.

15. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

I never had a problem with their slogan. I couldn't abide the 'look' at the time.