Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Sirryacus

Sirryacus Senior member

It all sounded good in theory but at the end of the day flyfronted is somewhat right, I end up going back to favorites thus negating the whole rotation theory because obviously only a couple of pair of pants will fit great unless they are all tailored to perfect specs which a lot of us obviously can't afford, essentially the rest of the pants are by the wayside until I am forced to wear them out of sheer desperation.

2. Little Queenie

Little Queenie Senior member

I've probably said this before Mr. Mystery, but Brutus have a different cut to Ben Sherman being wider around the chest and slimmer around the ribs/ waist which is why they would look better on girls. They certainly fit me better!

3. Little Queenie

Little Queenie Senior member

Charming as ever my dear Mr. Vaughan! Good advice, I always leave clothes and shoes out to 'air' once they've been worn. You've reminded me about some earlier posts regarding wives blocking shoe purchases: I'm most likely to be looking over his shoulder saying 'go on, just get them' - the more pairs you have to rotate the less you'll wear them out!

4. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights Senior member

This happens to all new contributors and lasts about a dozen or so posts. Its annoying but I imagine it some sort of security procedure. When I first joined I ended up pressing submit a few times and the same posting appearing repeatedly. Bit of patience and your be fine.

5. flyfronted

flyfronted Senior member

Buying cheap clobber is a false saving . Im still wearing shoes older than my kids who have both finished Uni . Cheap clothes will not last thats why there cheap .I wore a Burberry Golfer the other day that i brought in 1982 .. seemed expensive at the time but 30 years later its still a strong look.

6. Sirryacus

Sirryacus Senior member

Hell I was talking about Levi's that's pretty much all I wear, they last quite some time even modern so called inferior ones, I was simply stating even two identical pairs will sometimes fit differently from each other due to manufacturing practices and unequal amounts of washing, shirts and jackets are another matter entirely and I agree completely, I'm not the type of guy that wears chinos and other pants of that sort.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013

7. harrysgame

harrysgame Senior member

Brut by Faberge was around in the early sixties in green Glass bottle with the silver medalion around it. It was in the late sixties that they began a line of Brut 33 which was diluted as you say. The early Brut was considered at the time a classy aftershave. Only later with the 33 was it a downmarket product.

8. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

You could walk into a Club,and all you could smell was the Brut :).Yes you are right harrysgame,by the late 60s,it was nowhere as potent.

9. Basset

Basset Senior member

Thats a good price, are the sellers marking them as a gift?

10. Gsvs5

Gsvs5 Senior member

And all you could see was white teeth,green larger and dandruff !

11. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Around our way lads got off Brut and wore Aramis ..Then Aqu de Silva, :)

12. Gsvs5

Gsvs5 Senior member

Yeah....same for us Aramis and Tabac

13. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Problem is these days it's often cheap child labour made clothes with an expensive logo. IMO Burberry of 1982 is nothing like Burberry of today, ever since re-inventing themselves as a fashion brand and not a manufacturer of good quality outerwear.
    The focus is on the charging knight and the nova-check, and not the quality and the longevity. Mind you Burberry is a favourite of mine, because it attracts some of the most laughable knock-offs that I regularly see, apart from LV.

BTW I've got a George at Asda(Wal*Mart) shirt I bought ten years ago, I still wear it now, and is sometimes complemented LOL

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013

14. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights Senior member

Same down our way and in the same order

15. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

Saw Ian McShane in "Freelance" (1971) recently.At the end when he runs for his life he's wearing a Black Harrington and a pair of Levi's.I think the clothes helped him to escape.