1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Senior member

I have been planning a weekend in London ( shopping and maybe RAF museum ) this year and Adam is one of the shops I was interested to go to,some nice looking clobber on their website IMO.
    I want to go to Silvermans and Son of a stag and Discount shoes........if anyones got any other ideas I would appreciate them.

2. con man

con man Senior member

Just had a quick look and you are right what I read as waist is length size DOH!!......only can't tell where you put your waist size though, thick I'am......and also, my mate must of lied or I heard him wrong, because I think they are all off the peg!!

3. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Senior member

I just looked on there ,and it says that they do a bespoke service by pre arranged appointment,so it might be worth giving them a call .

4. con man

con man Senior member

5. Basset

Basset Senior member

Adams stuff is pretty reasonable, and the one thing i like about the whole set up is, it dosen't come across as being to gimmicky, if that makes sense, i've got one of there Crombie style coats, which i like, good quality and fit.
    There suits look good, but i'd prefer a single vent tbh, always thought they had more of a mod cut?
    Jump the gun, wouldn't bother with there suits, dont get me wrong, theres worse out there, but the trousers are very tapered, and the material is quite thin.

Managed to pick up a tonic mac a while back, copper with a green flip, alas no fly front, so 5p short in terms of styling, but at £15 i can live with it

6. flyfronted

flyfronted Senior member

The War museum in waterloo is very intersting - clobber wise
    stuarts in shepherds bush
    american classics in neal st covent garden
    and after a tip off here -- http://adamoflondon.com/home/

7. con man

con man Senior member

Cheers Mike, I'm not adverse to single or double vents I don't mind either
    Have heard similar reviews of jump the gun.
    Not a massive fan of macs, so not sure about a tonic one, a cream colour and I think of the dirty old man brigade or Colombo and so if I had one, probably be in navy

8. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Spot on Flyfronted..I suppose add J Simmons...as well....National Army Museum Chelsea, Silvermans are shut Sat ..but open Sundays.
    And if you and Cereabbas fancy it UTJ Skinhead Do 28th Sept.:)

9. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

10. Gsvs5

Gsvs5 Senior member

There's a shoe shop that might be worth a visit cerneabbas down in Fulham Broadway.I haven't been there in donkeys years but they used to carry some decent stuff.You can pop in the Wheatsheaf Pub nearby for a quick one.Some real old characters I know used this place.
    Son of Stag is the best and if Rudy cant find you something that fits you right,then I would be very surprised.Not cheap,but the best at what they do.They do free chain stitching also.

Shipton & Heneage
    631-633 Fulham Rd, London SW6 5UQ ‎

11. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

I have had Three Tailors all named George.. a Indian, a West indian and a Greek..it seems all tailors are called George....

Thats teenage fashion for you.:)

12. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Senior member

Thanks for that....Stuarts and American classics going on the list......went to the War museum on last trip to London ,you are right it was interesting.

13. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Yeh, Imperial War Museum is always a great place to visit.

Can I add another one, Camden Market, it seemed to be good for gear in 2001, when I last visited, don't know what it's like now though.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  14. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Senior member

Thanks for the info,will do National Army Museum on this trip or the one after.....John Simons going on the list..cheers.

15. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Senior member

Shipton & Heneage
    631-633 Fulham Rd, London SW6 5UQ ‎

Thanks for that,Shipton and Heneage,i looked at their website some nice shoes,got them on the list.

16. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Dont bother with the Wheatsheaf Pub Fulham Road ..its now a Sainsburys

17. Botolph

Botolph Senior member

Code:

Sign of the times, isn't it. Culture making way for "progress".

1 person likes this.
  18. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Senior member

That's a coincidence,i found a website this morning about pubs that had shut down in North London,there was loads,some big ones and some that had been there for years...sad really,but just another sign of how the country has changed...

19. Gsvs5

Gsvs5 Senior member

Arrh....another one gone.Cheers Roy.I was going to arrange to meet someone at the Magpie and Stump some years ago,down at Worlds End.It's a good job I checked before hand ..... What a sad state the pubs are now.

20. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Gsvs5 My Sons mate was the last manager of the Wheatsheaf....it closed last year.....Yep another pub gone ..I use to get in the Magpie and Stump with my ex wife around 72...now a Pizza House joint.