1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Not too many on a Woman,I am afraid-bit old fashion that way.In saying that my Missus has a few!! :)

2. dist1

dist1 New Member

What's the quality and fit of Relco-branded shirts?

I'm in the market for some gingham-patterned shirts without spending too much (I'd go Ben Sherman or FP but the price and postage to my country makes it too expensive).

3. stilts121

stilts121 Active Member

Frankly, they're shit. Poor fit and they'll pill up on you pretty quickly.

4. Basset

Basset Senior member

Thats some good work there mate

5. Basset

Basset Senior member

I've sent you a pm mate

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  6. Lerk

Lerk Well-Known Member

As has been established in the hundreds of pages before, skinhead as a fashion seem to have come and went over and over a couple of times. Each time with some details changed or affected by the time it manifests itself. If i think back, first time i saw skinheads was in the 90s, and they were the right wing political sort, 14 hole grinders, bleachers, completely shaved, i'd say that the 70s revivalist was somewhere in between. Now i think its gone a full circle. I was at a soccer game earlier today, watching my local team, small scale stuff, not exacly champions league, at most 3-400 people or so. But funny enough i stumbled upon some younger guys (I'm a mere 35 myself, not exactly old), but younger as in early 20s. And they wore neat jeans with the discrete turn up, gingham shirts/single colour oxfords, levis jackets, harringtons. I could clearly see each of em having a trojan records patch on their jacket (I'm not much for patches as i think they break the neatness of otherwise great clothes), obviously a new generation i'd say. What was distinct with these as compared to what has been mentioned earlier in the thread was that they seemed to all be wearing Converse sneakers and sported quite a lot of tattoos. But otherwise i'd say it was closer to the 60s street kit than the 1979-2000 extreme variety.

Sort of made me glad, it eventually got so extreme that the only way to stand out was to tone down and shape up, i suppose. I spoke some to them in half time, they are after all supporters of the same team as me, seemed to be a amicable lot.

7. loempiavreter

loempiavreter Senior member

I knew the Black & White photo from before, but it's a nice find. I'm wondering though the little kid has a mac in one photo and a flight jacket in the others. Could he be wearing the bomber from someone else (you can see the kid with the plain blue shirt wear a bomber in the pic with the mac, but he doesn't wear any jacket in the other photo's). Could it be he swapped his mac for the bomber just for the photo? Why? It's clearly too big for him. Where macs out of style by then?

Sure

Nice find

8. Spirit of 89

Spirit of 89 Member

9. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Senior member

dist1, I dont know if you can get clothes from Marks and Spencers,but i think that some of their button downs are tidy and definitely good value for money,i bought a brown check short sleeve for £12 ! it is better quality than the Fred Perry short sleeve button downs that i looked at for £65 !. I also bought a light blue grandad vest ( £7 ) for the nice hot summer that we are going to have in England....

10. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

Now you're just messing with my head! :D

11. Man-of-Mystery

We do what any decent researcher does - ASK the photographer/publisher. The end.

12. Man-of-Mystery

More convincing. It would take some organising to 'stage' that.

13. Man-of-Mystery

14. roytonboy

roytonboy Senior member

Good Question Spirit of 89, and welcome.

Back in 1969/71 in our area (Manchester, North West of England) there evolved a 'uniform' look which consisted of Denim Jacket and Jeans (Almost exclusively Levi or Wrangler with the odd Lee Rider Jeans thrown in). Initially black boots were mostly worn but later Cherry Red Doc Martens became by far the most popular. If you deviated much from this look you weren't accepted as the real deal.The variety came with the colour of the shirts and sleeveless pullovers. This was not the case in other parts of the country where a much less rigid dress code was to be found.

Personally I would wear things that didn't clash - i.e. Royal blue sleeveless pullover with blue Gingham shirt, Maroon with Maroon/Sky/White Brutus, Grey with Black White Ben Sherman etc. I tended to wear off white Sta-prest with brown brogues, but they also looked good with Cherry Red Docs (better than black boots with light sta-prest IMHO) Sta-prest with denim jacket was a good look I always thought and I'll wear a similar combination to this day. When Harringtons first came in nearly everybody wore black. Again with two tone trousers (tonics) I always wore a top to match, colour wise e.g Green/gold two tones with green sweater and green shirt.

Today you have much more range of styles and colours available and I would say to you what I said to McDermott - wear what feels right to you and what you feel good in, as you can see from photos and comments on this site, really there are no rules.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  15. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

One of the first Harrington Colours was a Lemon Yellow,beautiful colour.

16. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

Yes browniecj.My dad had one when I was very small.

17. ek77

ek77 Senior member

18. ek77

ek77 Senior member

why just don´t believe that it is original???

edit: i bet you just wanna see buttons eating his pork pie... ;)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  19. Mr Knightley

Mr Knightley Senior member

20. ek77

ek77 Senior member

dont think that she is beautiful.. with or without tattoos... just my personal taste...