• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No problem.There were Leather Jackets worn(Black or otherwise) and believe me we were not Fetish---well just a little!!!!:)

Hahaha, well played!
I know they were worn, just my personal taste says "no!"
Horses for courses and all!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
a facebook shared photo, good one, havent seen it before. nice to see "action shots" :)

1969, Cardiff City vs Bristol match

Last edited:

buttons

Reaction score

Is this you MoM?

I found that in a book in the library about '85.
Spriti of '69 sounds like its associated with the book (well, and hundreds of corny tattoos, flyers, posters, T shirts and often awful so called skinhead imagery).
Its become an overused tag like line "keep the Faith" on the soul scene.
Please don't call it "hard mods" though. #spine shivver#
And despite the fact that most lads on here like a drink, its got nowt to do with beer.
Keep it subtle.

Lasttye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This thread is always fascinating reading, the details, the minutae, the anecdotes, etc. 
Anyroad, seeing about 100 pages or so back, people were talking about jungle greens, how expensive/dear they are, and hard to source, here's an online surplus shop that carries them.  Got a pair and sewed in a 1" turnup, they're great work pants and I wear them pretty much every day on the job.  Just ordered 2 more pair. 
  I suppose this link is more for us Septics than yous Britons, as I don't know if they ship overseas, but here's the link anyways:

http://www.fatiguesarmynavy.com/store/item/US1004/Basic_Four_Pocket_Fatigue_Pants___Made_in_USAhttp://www.fatiguesarmynavy.com/store/item/US1004/Basic_Four_Pocket_Fatigue_Pants___Made_in_USA

OK, carry on with the best skinhead "forum" on the net.  As an aside, and for what it's worth, I'm not digging that Levi leather trucker, just screams "fetishist" to me, sorry! 

Botolph If you go further back in the thread you will see some pics of Jungle Greens posted by me.. as worn by 68 Skinheads, They was American Issue Sateen OG 107. Bought in Army surplus stores in various parts of 60s London.
Here is the photos of my Jungle Greens.

You can get original 60s Jungle greens from Vintage Trends. com in the USA, Great company for kit that ship to UK.

Their was another issue with one rear pocket.

Last edited:

buttons

Reaction score
And can someone explain goofle's objections. If its thinking that any thread with skinhead in the title must therefore have racist connotations and therefore must be shut down so as to to offend some of its members, then a simple word search will flag up the word skinhead thousands of times within and lead to a ban anyway. Its a shame they can't concentrate on clamping down on some of the other billion pages of depraved filth, but if its the word 'skinhead' that's the offender, you can call the thread 'cute puppies in hats' - its still gonna get closed.

Lasttye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And can someone explain goofle's objections. If its thinking that any thread with skinhead in the title must therefore have racist connotations and therefore must be shut down so as to to offend some of its members, then a simple word search will flag up the word skinhead thousands of times within and lead to a ban anyway. Its a shame they can't concentrate on clamping down on some of the other billion pages of depraved filth, but if its the word 'skinhead' that's the offender, you can call the thread 'cute puppies in hats' - its still gonna get closed.

Whats this all about buttons ?..I thought the lad was talking American talk , so I did not get it????

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And despite the fact that most lads on here like a drink, its got nowt to do with beer.
Keep it subtle.

Here to help
happy.gif
. The Beer, Boots, and Bovver thing was a lark, just sprang to mind.
To reiterate my sentiment earlier, I'm but a casual poster here and not of the original brethren(and sistren[if such a word exists]), so take my input as you will: There is the possibility of making the name/thread title so subtle and vague that potential new contributors may miss it.

A couple other offerings:
"This Thing Of Ours",
"Our Thing",
"Skiffle Cuts and Bovver Boots"
"Tighten Up"

Again, just suggestions. Too bad the G**gle Gods are causing all this malarkey.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Botolph If you go further back in the thread you will see some pics of Jungle Greens posted by me.. as worn by 68 Skinheads, They was American Issue Sateen OG 107. Bought in Army surplus stores in various parts of 60s London.
Here is the photos of my Jungle Greens.
You can get original 60s Jungle greens from Vintage Trends. com in the USA, Great company for kit that ship to UK.
Their was another issue with one rear pocket.

Indeed, sir. I've got the exact ones with the two flapped rear pockets. I'll throw on up some pics on Mondee if I remember.

loempiavreter

Reaction score

Whats this all about buttons ?..I thought the lad was talking American talk , so I did not get it????

I think the poster is one of the higher ups up here, and he's got a warning from g00gle that they do not like skinhead talk (just like facebook is effectively closing down all the pages that ha to do with skinhead). In the eyes of g00gle corp. skinhead is that American History X thing. So that's why that styleforum higher up is asking to change the name of this topic so that google won't bug this forum (and no google is probably not gonna read the thread... They probably think we are all in here for some racist gathering).

Last edited:

Lasttye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the poster is one of the higher ups up here, and he's got a warning from g00gle that they do not like skinhead talk (just like facebook is effectively closing down all the pages that ha to do with skinhead). In the eyes of g00gle corp. skinhead is that American History X thing. So that's why that styleforum higher up is asking to change the name of this topic so that google won't bug this forum (and no google is probably not gonna read the thread... They probably think we are all in here for some racist gathering).

Cheers loempiaverter, so what we gonna do?

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Suggestion from the forum admin was

1 Move it to a section called 'Dumb Threads'.

or

2 Change the name

With 1 you will get no new traffic only people already on SF will have access

Changing the name also risks losing some new traffic if the name is too obscure.

All round a difficult situation. You could have 'hardcore Appreciation' or 'gambling' in the title and Google would not be bothered. NB I am not suggesting we change it to include those, as we would definitely confuse people.

Basset

Reaction score

As far as im aware Admin have the last word on site threads in that there cyberspace, they can pull the plug so to speak ( i stand corrected if wrong).
Having just goonle'd the words traditional skinheads, i was shown 33 pages of images, one of which was Willy Wonka, i then tried the search in reverse, plenty of pics of the purple chocolatier, sweets, and a pair of womans buttocks covered in what appears to be smarties, but nothing connected to the words traditional skinheads, theres times when i find this net lark confusing Roy

yankmod

Reaction score
Did not want to assume the name change was cause of bigotry by way of ignorance.LA Guy ain't sayin.My interest in this thread at this point is seeing the book come to fruition as it may be the best skinhead story told to date,and may settle thing once and for all.This is the future form of Facism,in the form of cutesy fonts.Question is,can G(that who's name can't be uttered,brrrrrr)be defeated and clue them in.Lot of good suggestions for names and Kingstonian's on the right track,getting the uneducated to find this thread and stay to learn.I found it from "Traditional Skinheads" I think I checked "Original" first.Good to see some folks make an appearence,we missed you and browniecj,whenever you get the chance,vogue for us.

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did not want to assume the name change was cause of bigotry by way of ignorance.LA Guy ain't sayin.My interest in this thread at this point is seeing the book come to fruition as it may be the best skinhead story told to date,and may settle thing once and for all.This is the future form of Facism,in the form of cutesy fonts.Question is,can G(that who's name can't be uttered,brrrrrr)be defeated and clue them in.Lot of good suggestions for names and Kingstonian's on the right track,getting the uneducated to find this thread and stay to learn.I found it from "Traditional Skinheads" I think I checked "Original" first.Good to see some folks make an appearence,we missed you and browniecj,whenever you get the chance,vogue for us.

Maybe it could be called"People In Shorter Trousers".When the Book is near Fruitition,could the Title come on here?Then ,hopefully,People would want to contribute.Any suggestions M-o-M?

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

K guys,
So, here's the deal. We need to rename this thread A big corporation that starts with a "G" and has two "o"s, is really putting the heat up on websites for some reason. I'd love to stand on principle, but unfortunately, that would be like resisting an actual, not movie, alien invasion. Our choices are:
1) Change the name of the thread. Unfortunately, we can't teach stupid. But they are huge, and we are tiny.
2) Move the thread to dumb threads, which would be private, but would make the thread impossible to spider, etc... It would also make the thread unfindable by new users.
I thiink that we need to just change the title. I need some suggestions, and for you guys to help me out. It's clearly not the best situation, and I have no idea why they are getting so nuts, but things are what they are.
Cheers,
Fok.

Hang on. What? What are they actually doing? Refusing to list the thread because of - what? - negative connotations of the word 'skinhead'? Somebody please enlighten me what Gstringle is actually doing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads