Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

What do you mean when you say you wore a "Plain Cap"?

2. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

Plain cap shoes - as opposed to the trad brogues.

However, maybe our hero had a thing for Andy Capp's wife, Florrie - who was incredibly plain? :happy:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012

3. Basset

Basset Senior member

On the subject of new footwear i think its quite a good example of you get what you pay for, ive got three pairs of lace ups, Loakes royals 8 yrs old approx cost me £90 new, there a bit pointy for some, i dont bother with them shoe tree things so they've spread a little giving them a more rounded shape, manufactory quality is good but the leather is very stiff, there not crippling but a nite in them is enough.
    Jones the bootmakers moorgate brogues, 12 years old approx, cost £115 new, again slighty pointy, but they have spread, quality is very good, nice leather, comfy shoes, they used to do a nice looking royal.
    Churches, shannon smooths, dont know the age ( second hand) , think they were £300 plus 7 year ago, nice rounder shape, superb leather, the most comfortable footwear ive ever owned.
    The loakes loafer, same as the royal quality/comfort wise, bit more give in them, never liked the fringe bit.
    Disclaimer: the above opinions are those of a 6 ft overweight male, suffering from arther in his ankles

4. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

I now have so many pics which could potentially go into the book, but I am unsure about the copyright position on any of them.

5. Man-of-Mystery

GROAN!

6. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

Take advice - of the legal kind - I'm sure most people who have 'copyrighted' pics would be only too happy to have them saved for posterity. And without charge.

The high-profile, pro shots would, of course, be a different matter... but, buying-in images needn't be a bank-breaker.

Good luck. :satisfied:

7. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights Senior member

[​IMG]

My wife has found this photo from her brothers effects from when he passed away 30 years ago. This was taken around 1965. we are not sure if this is Margate or another seaside resort around the Kent or East Sussex coast. they look to be wearing Levi jean jacket, fly front mac and button down shirts.

These lads would have been from the Lewisham South London area

Is that a portable record player in the front of the picture?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012

8. Raff72

Raff72 Active Member

I remember here we go round the mulberry bush. It played really late one night here in oz many many years ago and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The soundtrack wasn't too shabby either.

9. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

That is a bloody good Photo Ace of Eights.Knew Levi Jackets were worn in London,in the mid 60s.And the Portable Record Player-now that is priceless.Well done to the Photographer.Sorry hear about his passing Mate,what info He could have given(if this Photo is anything to go by).

10. Man-of-Mystery

I'm hoping so. :)

11. buttons

buttons Senior member

Aye, great picture A&E. I would have thought a little later than '65 but very cool all the same.
    Has the lad second from the left got a leather Levi on?
    Record player on the sand - it'll never work the same again. Ha ha.
    Love it.

12. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

Great pic!

Had a wee play with it and took some light/exposure up and shadows down... and enlarged.

[​IMG]

Edit: Is the boy, third from left, waggling his finger through his flies? :satisfied:

Priceless!!! :nodding:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012

13. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

You could be right Buttons.A Leather Levi Jacket!The Guy poking his Finger through has Trousers that have the Crease going into the Waistband(and a Ticket Pocket),just as I remember them.Thanks Ed for enlarging it.

I enjoyed the Film then.What was very sad though,Barry Evans died and was not discovered for days.I cannot remember if Drugs had been the cause-but that was how lonely he had become.

14. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

I seem to remember that Barry Evans had been driving a cab, was 'mugged' - but not confirmed - and may have died from an injury he suffered when the (alleged) incident happened - but I'll google him, later.

He was a big part of my growing up, insomuch he was in a number of 60s and 70s 'average bloke' type of film.

Never a huge star, he always appeared very approachable and down-to-earth. Sad end.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012

15. Mr twist tag

Mr twist tag Member

I live in a little village called shotgate(wickfor

Ha ha brilliant photograph in fact I love it!! Have you noticed the man in the middle? He playing around with his 'crown Jewells' haha :D