Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

2. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Bloody Hell,a Glass of House Wine would do:).Honestly,always Blue Nun.

3. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Mods in the early 60s would also go out to Clubs,out of Town.Before I lived in Guildford,there were Clubs such as the Harvest Moon(All -Nighters were held here),The Ricky Tick,which had other Clubs in Windsor,Hounslow,Reading and High Wycombe.I was told that Guildford would fill-up with Scooters over the Weekends.A lot of London Mods would come out.On the reverse,I would spend hours walking around the West End,because there were no All-Night Buses then.This was when I did my "Window Shopping".During the actual Skinhead Days,the West End lost a bit of its Appeal to me(`67/`68 were my main times),so then we would go to the Cats Whiskers,Streatham,Purley Orchid etc.

Good reading.Met some Leicester Boys later-they were Nutters.

4. Baxter

Baxter Member

One memory i have about knives is during the early 80's i had the back of my Levi jacket slashed from the shoulder to mid way across my back, didnt know it had happened till later on when a mate said,
    It was during a ruck, before a Cov city and Birmingham match, thing is i dont support Cov, im West Ham. i was just there for the ruck, lol

5. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Did you lose your way to the Boleyn,Baxter????:D

6. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

7. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

No 'Sirs' on here, friend... were an equal opps sort of crowd... if that's okay with you 'old boys'? :satisfied:

8. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

Didn't mean Sir,like,Old but out of respect.Alternatively coulda used Captain.Big Up Ed.You've made excellent contributions here,I've really enjoyed.

9. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

Ah, well... 'Your Majesty' works better for me. :happy:

10. Heyska

Heyska Active Member

Just picked up a black & white gingham button-up off of ebay. It is made by Relco. I am really very pleased with the quality and cut. Any of you heard of this company Relco before? If so, how do their products hold up for you? I unfortunately don't have the ability to wear it a whole lot since I am in Afghanistan so I can't say how it holds up to regular wear. Pretty decent price for the the apparent quality.

11. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

Impact Unit (meh) was their link to that stuff. Not to get too off topic, but were you at the Last Rights show of lore?

12. sivanpunk

sivanpunk Member

just chiming in here to say great stories all! i check in everyday to have a read! have a great week boys and girls...or maybe just girl? lol!

13. Baxter

Baxter Member

14. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

Afghanistan - you want one made from Kevlar... keep your head down and your battle-bowler on. (Unless, of course, you are on the 'wrong side', in which case... here! Have you seen this?) :satisfied:

15. buttons

buttons Senior member

Mark still runs soul and reggae nights around Leicester / Loughbrough area. Nice bloke.
    And while we're on, he's one of the few others I've seen wearing Flemmings Supatuf jeans. Anyone remember these? Made in Liverpool (supposedly in the local jail) - "Made to Measure" jeans.
    You used to go in, give them your waist, insie leg, width of bottom and come back a few weeks later to pick them up. I've got some and compared to Levis, they're not great to be honest (and they did a jacket which was awful). For some scouse gangs it was a badge of local pride but the made to measure appeal meant they were worn elsewhere, even as far a field as That London.
    For some reason I can't post pics at the minute but I'll try again later.