• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Lasttye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wlll be at UTJ next Saturday Levi, Be brill to see others from this site also, always a great night.

Last edited:

Mr twist tag

Reaction score
Yeah it would great to catch up roy!! haven't seen you around lately
See you next Saturday mate......

papyloic

Reaction score
I'll look forward to that.
I am trying to find a one-off cartoon from 'Shoot' magazine (I think). They were doing a series about types of football fan, and they had one called 'the Orang-U-Fan' - a kid in boots and braces who climbed up things...
et voila....

Last edited:

papyloic

Reaction score
souvenir for some on here....boots and comics
smile.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,

I got some Baracuta Harrington jackets, they are unbeatable in my opinion, but I'm searching for an alternative for the new season on the terraces.

I don't like the warrior ones, because I want raglan sleeves (looks better, fits better). Now I found those ones at Jump The Gun (a nice shop in Brighton):

http://www.jumpthegun.co.uk/shop/Product/Index/79

Ragglan sleeves and made in UK.

Does someone here got one of these and could tell me more about fitting and quality? Would be nice!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score

Hi,
http://www.jumpthegun.co.uk/shop/Product/Index/79

Ragglan sleeves and made in UK.

Does someone here got one of these and could tell me more about fitting and quality? Would be nice!

have one in navy. it's a quality jacket. fit is pretty much like most harringtons, imo run about a size larger. normally a 38, i got my JtG in a 36 and fits perfect. I wear same in Baracuta, so I would get whatever Baracuta size you wear.

Ed Vaughan

Reaction score
Okay, while we're on recommendations, anyone used this place:
http://www.brooktaverner.co.uk/

I bought a suit from them last month - a cracker for work - and now on their mailing list.

Saw some shirts that looked good for the price - BD, rear collar button, nice roll to the collar, rear pleat, 100% good quality cotton - and a decent weight... so whaddya think?

IMG_5617.jpg

IMG_5616.jpg

IMG_5615.jpg

IMG_5614.jpg

Reduced from £55 to £19.95, this is them just out of the packet and heading for the washer - I'm pleased.

Last edited:

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Okay, while we're on recommendations, anyone used this place:
http://www.brooktaverner.co.uk/
I bought a suit from them last month - a cracker for work - and now on their mailing list.
Saw some shirts that looked good for the price - BD, rear collar button, nice roll to the collar, rear pleat, 100% good quality cotton - and a decent weight... so whaddya think?
IMG_5617.jpg

IMG_5616.jpg

IMG_5615.jpg

IMG_5614.jpg

Reduced from £55 to £19.95, this is them just out of the packet and heading for the washer - I'm pleased.

Looking good Ed.

yankmod

Reaction score
Don't know how this works.Wanted to say Tanx (m.bolan) for your speak.I'm an American who discovered Punk rock in 77 (I was 11) very soon learned about the Mod revival and then Two-Tone revival (78-79) In 81 "Indie Rock" began and I became a pro musician in an early to mid 80's indie rock band,Indie rock came from Punk and Mod and 2tone as well as many other threads.As i am now middle aged I've begun to remember where I came from(punk,mod,2tone) My nostalgia has brought me to the original mods and skinheads. I've been reading for a couple of weeks and had to say Tanx and keep it up.Love the older folks from the original days tellin'us younger ones how it was.BIG UP.

yankmod

Reaction score
I agree.i grew up in Boston,which had a good "Hardcore-Straight Edge" scene.The hardcore bands were better than the Oi (which influenced the american hardcore scene)I think the Oi bands were too "amatuerish".That false idea that punks couldn't(or shouldn't) play well, which was not true of the first wave of punk.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads