Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Raff72

Raff72 Active Member

Also, another point I will make (I actually had it in a previous post but it got lost along with some other stuff I edited) is that arguing on the internet is like a couple of nuff nuffs having a slapping contest, it makes everyone involved look like a retard. While I understand that skinhead related stuff brings up alot of passion in people (and rightly so) it is still no reason to make things personal. I can understand how people can get possesive over periods of their life and I feel the same about the early Rave scene here in oz to some extent, but rather than use this experience to make myself out as some kind of legend, I much prefer to use it to instill a little excitement and sense of history in those that followed on.

Also, to be just a little cheeky, if you reckon that Harrington with all the badges and patches on it makes you look the duck's nuts then I would be getting meself to the doctor's for a test or two on your grey matter just to make sure early senility isnae kicking in.

2. soundsnpressure

soundsnpressure Senior member

hee hee. It's shocking. I think the only symbols missing off it is an 'anarchy' sign, and a 'ban the bomb' symbol.
    I shudder to think what's on the back of it. Maybe a big yellow acid smiley face [​IMG]

3. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

I cannot believe a person who claims to be a Original Skinhead...walking around these days wearing a Harrington with a load of fcuking silly badges on,

Mate come to the Skinhead Doo at Margate this Saturday, And Yep wear your Harrington, :D

4. Gramps

Gramps Senior member

5. bunty

bunty Senior member

Sorry to butt in.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Randy Cozens, no dates unfortunately ('67/8?)

Round 2.........

6. Gramps

Gramps Senior member

Fantastic as usual Bunty. Just what the doctor ordered.

7. Basset

Basset Senior member

Good pics Bunty

8. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Great pics Paul, note the lad in the braces, his trousers with the single front pleat and cash pocket, Most bespoke suits would be this style around 69, a clear carry over from the Mods, Flat fronted trousers was available but mostly Off the peg.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  9. Mr twist tag

Mr twist tag Member

I live in a little village called shotgate(wickfor
    I will be turning up to margate this weekend should be a good laugh!! :D it may not be a original venue or dance hall but its the closest thing to it these days!!
    I'll make sure I take my patches off my Harrington before the weekend :D hahaha

10. buttons

buttons Senior member

Rand Cozens - a snappy dresser as a youth and a well respected man on the soul scene. Good find, Bunty.
    I was gonna post a couple more but the website won't let me for some reason.

See ye at the weekend Mr TT.

11. Yankee

Yankee Well-Known Member

I got a good chuckle at that Harry with all the flair on it. Looks like a cross between those tiny ma1s they make for infants with fun commando patches all over them, and tacky sweatshop souvenir to show the world someone took a weekend vacation to skinheadville-land with the wife and kids.
    Cringeworthy indeed.

12. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

Bunters, are these copyrighted or can I nick 'em for the book?

13. Raff72

Raff72 Active Member

I do agree about the harry but at least it goes well with the union jack helmet and twist and go scoot...

14. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

Yeh, used to go to Lewis's - not John Lewis, btw - to the top floor where they had an exhibition hall, too.

I even stuck a goal past City - and England's - Joe Corrigan up there, too.

I f you track back on this site, you'll see my 'Gay Dolphin' memories and some pics of the Market Centre and New Brown Street, back in the late 60s-early 70s.

Takis, Top of the Town, Spring Gardens and anywhere they'd let me in.

I knocked about with Pat (RIP) and Mike Ginty, 'the Twins', Trev Tootie, Tex Bergen etc - all Woodhouse Park - and went to the United games with them and some Salford.

A wee tip: start at the beginning of the thread, take your time and you'll get a feel for this place - and maybe (even) make a few friends. :nodding:

15. albion

albion Well-Known Member

Superb pics bunty