Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

2. Sirryacus

Sirryacus Senior member

Did they do measurements? Obviously a Men's Large is going to be bigger than a Woman's Large and so on.

3. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights Senior member

Hi the shoes look ok until you see the rubber soles. In my opinion M&S clothing and shoes are not the quality they were years ago. I do not know where you are based but I purchase my Loake Royals from http://www.discount-shoe-sales.com/index.html

They are in Victoria London and are only open 9.30 to 5 pm Mon to Fri. They carry a great range and many of the original quality styles. I paid just under £100 for a pair black Royals that are around £150 on the Loake web site. Its worth paying the extra money for decent leather soled shoes – they look and feel better.

4. buttons

buttons Senior member

I think you'll find sheepskins come in various cuts.
    Womens ones are sometimes meant as overcoats and therefore less fitted (and would appear more like a blokes' cut).
    Other times they're meant as a fitted jacket, so will have a womanly shape.

An original skinhead mate of mine, so desperate for a sheepskin, once wore his mother's, hoping no-one would notice. Let's just say he never wore it a second time!

(Right Hand) Buttons

By the way, Bunty - thanks for posting that link - very good.

5. Sirryacus

Sirryacus Senior member

I've often found that a lot of older garments like that are very ambiguous and do not feature the classic right hand/left hand buttons identifier and I still can't wrap my head around a sheepskin jacket.

Is it something like this? from the tv series mccloud?

[​IMG]

6. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Around `71/`72 a Long-Haired Sheepskin Coat appeared(looking similar to this-but longer).I think you would definitely know Females` Sheepskin.

7. soundsnpressure

soundsnpressure Senior member

Not quite :)

I like this shot

[​IMG]

8. Basset

Basset Senior member

Can anyone tell me how to whack pics up, tried copying the image code from p/bucket dont seem to work, as you can tell im a div when it comes to pc's

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012

9. Basset

Basset Senior member

Right think ive sussed it, some pics of Kelvin sound bloke, still knocking about on scoots,
    mod rally 65
    [​IMG]

66 down the never i think
    [​IMG]

he's not sure on the date of these probably 68/69
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

away day torquay 68
    [​IMG]

holiday abroad 71
    [​IMG]

spoke to him last nite he's gonna try and dig some more out

10. circustavern777

circustavern777 Senior member

aces what a find that shoe shop i will be up there asap they didnt have prices on there site but by what you said theres a good saving i reckon the brouges on the samual windsor site are better than them ms ones i got a pair of there country brouges as they call them and a pair of suede chealsea boots for £90 the pair

11. circustavern777

defo an ind coop boozer think the pic sez it all

12. circustavern777

were did ya find it best one ive seen mate

13. albion

albion Well-Known Member

Aye, true. Not saying they are a great shoe at all, yep those soles are dreadful, but for the price.
    I live down under, about 80 or so miles south of Sydney and it's bloody difficult to find decent clobber
    in the shops, so i do most of my clothes and shoes shopping online. Bought a great pair of
    Allen Edmonds off ebay for around $80!. Well pleased with them.

14. albion

albion Well-Known Member

15. Jam74

Jam74 Member

I'm new to this forum and surprised to find a skinhead thread. I was a skin also in late 80's to mid 90's. I was a die-hard Oi/punk fan , Blitz, Business, Partisans etc. I was the 14 hole Dm, oi! t-ishirt, and bomber jacket type skin :) I hung out in NYC, went to Oxblood and Templers gigs. I saw The Business at their first US show in 94.
    Anyway, I joined this forum as Im looking to update my wardrobe. My personal style of the last 15+ years has been jeans, t-shirts, and black slacks and button up dress shirt to wear to my 9-5 desk job. Though I recently started wearing Fred Perry again.

I still love 77 punk and early 80's UK Oi!. I really lost interest in American Oi! though. The Press was good, though the singer is a weirdo (satanic commie skin?? lol) I've been a huge Paul Weller fan the past 8 years and been to every NY gig since then. I didnt listen to much soul as a teenage skin, but I love it now. I also learned about bands like Small Faces from being into Weller.

One thing about being a skin back then is that although I dont have a "style" per se, I have always had an affinity for tailored , neat looks. I think although I may not look like a skin anymore, I think there are subtle clues that I notice in my dress. I always have a short haircut, #2 on the sides. check button ups, etc. Just the idea of being well fitted comes from my background as a skin, and being interested in mod, rudeboy, UK culture, etc