Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. circustavern777

circustavern777 Senior member

funny how the scooter scene aint really never stoped i know its had its quiet times but the mod scene right through to trad skins then suedehead then the reviveal in the 80s when you think the 80s had two revivevals with the bonehead skin which i think was a totaly different scene , to the trad skins . and then the new 80s mods

2. London Rudeboy

London Rudeboy Senior member

The scooter community in Sweden is made up of 4 distinct strands

1. Mods - young and old
    2. Trad skinheads - young and old
    3. Hard mods - Docs, army greens, jean jackets/bomber jackets
    4. Everything else.

For the record I do not own a scooter.

And how's this for fashion? At work in the wet in SA ;) Does my head look big in this? :)
    [​IMG]

3. Kingstonian

Kingstonian Senior member

'Student kit' as I would say.

4. Penny Nelson

Penny Nelson New Member

I have been searching for the same answers - no luck as yet. I have just bought a pair of metallic blue steel caps on ebay that have Made in England and the rest of the stuff but not the words The ORIGINAL. When I first started wearing them in the early 90's I can remember saying that Dr Martens had sold the manufacturing rights to other countries and were just manufacturing the soles. I live in Australia and there was a slew of crap Docs that were 'genuine' but the stitching was poor and the finish on the leather blistered and peeled off. Would love if someone who knew their stuff could give informed details of the sole variations and when they were manufactured etd...

5. Penny Nelson

Penny Nelson New Member

I have been searching for the same answers - no luck as yet. I have just bought a pair of metallic blue steel caps on ebay that have Made in England and the rest of the stuff but not the words The ORIGINAL. When I first started wearing them in the early 90's I can remember saying that Dr Martens had sold the manufacturing rights to other countries and were just manufacturing the soles. I live in Australia and there was a slew of crap Docs that were 'genuine' but the stitching was poor and the finish on the leather blistered and peeled off. Would love if someone who knew their stuff could give informed details of the sole variations and when they were manufactured etc...

6. Penny Nelson

Penny Nelson New Member

I have been searching for the same answers - no luck as yet. I have just bought a pair of metallic blue steel caps on ebay that have Made in England and the rest of the stuff but not the words The ORIGINAL. When I first started wearing them in the early 90's I can remember saying that Dr Martens had sold the manufacturing rights to other countries and were just manufacturing the soles. I live in Australia and there was a slew of crap Docs that were 'genuine' but the stitching was poor and the finish on the leather blistered and peeled off. Would love if someone who knew their stuff could give informed details of the sole variations and when they were manufactured etc...

7. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Where did the Studenrs copy it from,in the first place? :)

8. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

9. soundsnpressure

soundsnpressure Senior member

Nice trouser length on these mods. Brogues too. Revival mods? Can't tell..[​IMG]

10. soundsnpressure

It's all gone a wee bit quiet on here of late :(
    Anyway, Is this an FP monkey jacket? I have a cardigan version of the FP monkey jacket very similar to this.

[​IMG]

11. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

I think everybody is taking a breather.Certainly I am.When I got a lift with Bunty(to York and back),I think we talked for England!!!!:)

12. soundsnpressure

Fair enough.
    Is this converstaion available as a podcast :)

13. Gary Clifton

Gary Clifton Member

Hi, i reckon if you were a mod who turned into a skin you were probably more into the fashion. we were young kids who just wanted to be skins so anything that made us look like skinhead was good enough. Once we got older and interested in birds then it was all about the clothes, loved my interwoven lace up loafers with i could find a pair now. Do you remember Solatio shoes? Gary

14. buttons

buttons Senior member

no front number plate on his Vespa but the truck's the main give away. Early 80s I reckon. Maybe '79 on the colour one.
    Enjoying the well-earned breather to be honest as I'm too busy to keep up, half the time.

15. PattyC

PattyC Senior member

Man that suede jacket looks great.