Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. circustavern777

circustavern777 Senior member

thanks colin pleased to post them ,

2. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Looking again at these Photos,makes me wonder why the Revival Skin Girls go "over the top".
    Tatoos - I did not have any,but for some reason 2 of my Mates had a Crucifixon done on the Forearm(outlined in Pale Blue).They were not Religious,I just think that the Design was new then(`69).:)

3. circustavern777

when i see pics of skin girls now it seems like a cross with punk, i never see them extreme crop,ed on top and real long sides , more of a feather cut i think the girls called it, i never see them in brouges at all funny enough, my pal had a crucifix tattooed on his chest over ringos in woolwich . we went on our scooters as we came home i lost mine on a corner coming through them mad bends through north woolwich, as i came to a halt he was coming of his 150 sportique sliding along holding the headset for dear life, another mad saturday afternoon

4. circustavern777

i asked my missus whos younger than me by a couple a 3 years , she reckoned them shoes were called dollies, i can remember the girls in bright red ones, blue and green tonic suits or dresses. sheepskin if they could afford one or maybe if mum and dad could, i remember a skin girl older than me was mates with my mum, tall she was and could fight as good as any man if not better i knew her brother can picture her now long sheepskin coat white sta prest, them shoes or similar, and the feather cut hair. you get any bov,er you come and get me she loved a fight

5. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

90% of Female skinheads these days are middle aged often overweight, and scruffy in my opinion. You would think they would look at the blokes who are often very smart and aspire to them, Also looking at photos of 79/80s Skinhead Girls they was fairly scruffy.. maybe it was the Punk influence, But in saying that they had a sexy look about them,

Waiting for the incoming, :D

6. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Roy,on some of the Youtube Sites,you have pictures of Skinhead Girls(mainly from the 80s)and some of them look good!But then I am a "dirty old man" :D

7. Little Queenie

Little Queenie Senior member

Yes, I have some in red and have always called them dolly shoes!

8. Little Queenie

Little Queenie Senior member

Only 90% Roy? That isn't like you to be so diplomatic..........

9. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

The skinhead fashion has always been a Male dominated look, back in 68 the girls dressed well as girls, by 69 the girls started to have a skinhead look of their own, but they still looked feminine, not all girls looked good with the skinhead style and a lot of girls knew this and dressed accordingly,

for example if a girl was say had a slight masculine look then dressing up in a suit did not always look good on them, we had a group of hippie girls who hung around with us they dressed in tight fitting woman's fit Levis and short Tee shirts beautiful. All the lads was after them, thats another thing skinhead blokes would not always go out with skinhead girls, being a girl was all that mattered to them,:)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

10. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

I can vouch for this one.In `70 met a Hippy Girl(unknown to my Fiance)and She was bloody Gorgeous! "Love And Peace"-Yep!!!!:)

11. circustavern777

i will tell her she was right, what about key hole dressess

12. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

I wrote that before i went out for a run, back now and had time to think..maybe i'am being a bit harsh, :D but why is it at Doos you see plenty of middle aged woman dressed as Mods or Rockabillys and they often look very smart and sexy.:)

13. circustavern777

14. circustavern777

how far your run, got to keep the fitness up mate

15. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

I have seen one or two at UTJ,Roy.