1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

More or less what I wondered in my last post, Colin.

2. Man-of-Mystery

That first one has been tinted!

I wondered where you were - thought you had dropped off the edge of the planet.

"What about Army greatcoats?" - What about them?

3. Man-of-Mystery

Good man you.

4. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

We have Photos of Mods/Skins from Satelite Towns around London( I have written about these)where they got their inspirations from London,not the North.On Saturday/Sunday mornings you could get the Fast to London(in Guildfords` Case,you could get to Waterloo in half an hour)and then go "Up West" or wherever.There were loads that did this-from all around London.You would meet in a Shop and chat.On the Line through Guildford,you had Woking,Surbiton,Walton-on-Thames all big Skin Towns.They also went to Football that way.So what would been worn 25/30 miles away would be worn in London.That happened in Manchester as well(if I have read the "Twisted Wheel" Book correctlt)but greater distances,because of People going to the Club.:)

5. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Buyers from these Town(who owned Fashion Shops)would buy their Stock etc.,from London.This was the case from the early Mod days.I actually bought my Royals from Timpsons in Dorking,Surrey-not the West End.I eventually bought all three Styles from the same Shop-when I went there Window Dressing.:)

6. ek77

ek77 Senior member

no, they dropped it in 1971!!! ---->>>>

7. ek77

ek77 Senior member

dont know if we had this one on here before:

read the whole article over here:
    http://theballroomblitz.wordpress.com/2012/09/11/people-say-were-violent-and-we-are/

[​IMG]

8. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

Thanks for the link ek77.The Levi's Denim I got recently at the thrift is Little E.It doesn't have the side pockets though.So I'm guessing after 71 but before 80(maybe?)It's faded half way(my description)so wasn't worn or washed that much. Also just realized JC(not jesus christ) Is on here,enjoyed seein you on the TV(via the internet,where I see Brit TV) I got a vintage suit from Jan.1970.Two buttons,two back vents,kinda shark skin.Will try to post photo so yooz guys can critique..Til then

9. Sirryacus

Sirryacus Senior member

10. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Thanks for the link mate,

11. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

12. flyfronted

flyfronted Senior member

Amonia in lemon jiffy bottles was quite a thing over Chelsea then along came distress flares ......

13. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

14. ek77

ek77 Senior member

great pic...

15. Gramps

Gramps Senior member

Theres a huge cross over too, where the likes of Big E white labels were used right up until the 80's, just using old stock etc...

Ive seen many terrible shaped Levi Corduroy jackets but with the Big E label, and likewise, proper shaped ones with small e..

16. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Make you right Gramps.. Dead stock Big E Levis would still be available into the 80s, There was a shop in the Aldwych London, that had loads old dead stock Ben Shermans for years after into the 80s.

17. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

What a photo.The guy on the far left,pants tucked into socks,a prot-Chav? Thanks for the link to Levi's Sirryacus,but my jacket has no care label.No biggie.

18. buttons

buttons Senior member

Top quality, Ed.
    Note the tiny stitched in turnups. Great.

19. Studio1st

Studio1st Member

They look like cut offs curling up at the bottom more than tiny stitched turn ups to me. But my eyesight aint all that, nice picture though.

Here's my hero aged 18 at the start of 1968/69 season, he made his first appearance of 854 for Spurs in 1969 against sunderland. Nice barnet!

[​IMG]

20. Gramps

Gramps Senior member

Not only dead stock gear Roy, but also, Levis just using up what ever they had left lying about in the factory right up until the 80's.