Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Welcome kicksinstyle.

I used to leave my Shirt Collar undone,whilst it dried.I think you could stuff Cotton Wool in the BD.

2. chickNcoop

chickNcoop Active Member

The Dr. Marten Langston boot is on sale for $100 (half price) on the USA website, this is a Made In England boot and has gotten the stamp of approval on this thread . It's available in limited sizes, unfortunately not mine.

3. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

Nice one - almost like the Xmas truce of WWI! (With all due respect to those who fell in that one.)

I used to go to a little club in Levenshulme, Manchester, when I was 15-16, and having collected my g/f of the time, we had to pass a cafe that was used solely by 'Greasers'.

It was called 10-10... for no other reason than it was situated at 1010 Stockport Road. (Found a post about this place on another site, just the other day, BTW.)

Initially, scared by tales of 'skins' having been dragged in, and having their 'conkers' crushed, by maniac 'Greabos' with nutcrackers, we usually went the long way round, to avoid walking past the place.

Dunno whether it was raining, or what, but one night we opted to walk past and, lo-and-behold, despite taking some light-hearted abuse by fellas in their late-teens/early-20s (I was 15-16), it was all fairly amiable and non-threatening.

After that, I used to go past with mates, stop and look at some of the bikes - some beautiful machines, some total crap, and all British - I never gave it a second thought until, maybe taking the pi**, my mate and I rode pass on his SX 150... 'game on!' as they say.

Four bikes came up behind us, booted us off and roared away... we were no match and, after that, only the truly daft rode past 10-10 on a scooter... or those who didn't know better.

Happy days.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012

4. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

What did my mum ever do to you?

5. Man-of-Mystery

Get any closer and I'll throw a dish of peas at you! ;)

6. Man-of-Mystery

I won't be around for about 7 days... of to the Algarve. See you later...

7. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

Aye, rub it in... I'm off to Leeds, later. :brick:

8. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

Probably made a (bad) joke about Scotsman being mean... and kilts. :satisfied:

9. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

A meat 'peh', or a steak 'peh'? :satisfied:

10. Hennessy60

Hennessy60 New Member

Only just discovered the site so this is my first post so apologies if it's already been pointed out somewhere between here and page 440+. This is the old Bovril entrance at Stamford Bridge, with the famous tea bar, where you'd always find one of the Shed defence teams, floating in the air at the far end. You can also just make out a slice of the old West Stand roof to the left of the tea bar, this passageway still exists and now leads directly to the megastore where you'll still the see the original back wall of the Shed arcing around the whole end.

Great thread this, and as soon as I've read through everything up to date will make some more contributions dredged up from the memory bank.

Cheers chaps.

11. dopeman

dopeman Active Member

Whilst on the subject of Dundee circa 1968- Ive often heard MP "georgeous" George Galloway talking about his time as a Dundee Skinhead. He has mentioned the suits/crombies/macs/brogues and umbrellas (?) at various times throughout the years but is never taken up by the interviewers' to delve deeper.
    Anyone know any other famous ex skins? (apart from adam ant as discussed before or the guy from motorhead)

12. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

I bought a Scooter in `66,but later I got a Truimph Motorbike.Loved it-got some funny stares though.I have since learnt that quite a few Skins/Suedheads got Motorbikes then.:)

13. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

And more Dundee:
    http://retrodundee.blogspot.co.uk/2010_04_01_archive.html

14. loempiavreter

loempiavreter Senior member

- Stuart Goddard from Adam & the Ants
    - Paul Simonon from The Clash
    - Steve Jones & Paul Cook from The Sex Pistols
    - Kevin Rowland from the Dexy's Midnight Runners
    - Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor from Motörhead
    - Paul O'Grady
    - Paul Weller from The Jam claims to have been a Suedehead in the Reggae Britannia docu (had to be very young).

Kinda funny that half of 'em became "art school students".

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012

15. Hennessy60

Hennessy60 New Member

Ballsed up my first post, get used to it, but this is how it should have looked...hopefully. Finger hovers nervously over enter key....

Only just discovered the site so this is my first post so apologies if it's already been pointed out somewhere between here and page 440+. This is the old Bovril entrance at Stamford Bridge, with the famous tea bar, where you'd always find one of the Shed defence teams, floating in the air at the far end. You can also just make out a slice of the old West Stand roof to the left of the tea bar, this passageway still exists and now leads directly to the megastore where you'll still the see the original back wall of the Shed arcing around the whole end.

Great thread this, and as soon as I've read through everything up to date will make some more contributions dredged up from the memory bank.

Cheers chaps.