Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Shep

Shep Active Member

Both of those lots of boots are smart.I actually prefer brogue boots to brogues.

2. ibaboxing777

ibaboxing777 Active Member

hgx 316 c scooter made 1967 i got in 71 from roy speed of hornchurch i did have an old lambretta when i was 14 learnt to drive it off road harry mate

3. ibaboxing777

your bang on ek 77 i had just turned 16 when i got the ss metalic blue and orange give about 175 pound on hp about 3 pound a week back then

4. soundsnpressure

soundsnpressure Senior member

Yes mate. I've been after these for a long time. When I eventually saved up enough, the B**tards at British boot company have put them up to £185 now.
    There is no way I'm paying that much for them.

I can't get to London, I'll see if I can get a phone number for Blackman's.

P.s If they are a 9, do you want to sell them? [​IMG] (for a modest profit. a cheek I know)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012

5. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

I never saw anyone wear Brogue boots, Skinheads stuck to the uniform, If you turned up not wearing the correct Longwing Brogue you would have the piss taken out of you.

It was a fine line of taking a chance with a new bit of clobber, for example in the early days, Skinheads wore the White Ben Sherman with White Socks, Then someone turned up with Red socks, caused eyebrows raised ...next week everyone was wearing red socks, thats the way it was, I remember a mate who was the Ace Face of the Kilburn mob, everyone is wearing Mohair suits..he turns up with Prince of Wales check. He pulls it off because he was the Ace Face. So everyone follows.

6. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

The only People I saw wearing Brogue Boote were either ones that were involved in dealing in Horses.In the mid to late 70s you had "Dealer"Boots,which were slip-on(sometimes with a Brogue).These were very popular in East London.Went to Dagenham Market,a few months ago,and Blackmans had a Stall selling these(25quid a throw).:)

7. ibaboxing777

good boots mate, blackmans proper shop, im sure i remember going to a shoe shop in debden broadway called bettafit were you could by your squires or box weave . i couldnt get the real expensive ones at the time and blackmans did a cheaper version bot they creased round the toe but they did the job. were did you get your harrington jackets from

8. ibaboxing777

9. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Originally Millets(about `68),Lemon Colour-not too many of them about.

10. loempiavreter

loempiavreter Senior member

11. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

12. ibaboxing777

sounds a good color mate i remember i had a nice dark red one

13. ibaboxing777

do you remember the shop just down the road from the ilford palais i think it was called the bronx shop when you worked there did they have the band with the girl singer that came on halfway through the night. i also remember bright orange posters in frames advertising what i cant remember can you colin

14. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

When I worked there,they always advertised the Monday,Wednesday Nights,out the front.It was closed Tuesdays-Private Hire I think.The Manager was Mr.Carter(if I remember correctly).Lent me money to start promoting Soul Dos.I am trying to remember the Groups` Name-had Big Al as the Dj."Grab a Granny Night" was always a good night(Monday).

15. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

On Saturday Nights,always went into tjhe Indian Restaurant next door-to wind down after the Palais closed.