1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

Totally slow on the uptake here, Col... RSG is on DVD?????

2. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

It is not Kosher,but,in saying that it is a good copy.The first one I had,it had DC5 in between the Episodes-thankfully the second one has not.Could not stand them in the 60s,certainly think less of them now.:)

It is a funny thing about Kathy,Gramps,.They classed her as "Queen of the Mods",but in reality she never was.

Next week you have "99p Soul" at the "Betsy Trotwood",56,Farringdon Road,London E.C.1.It costs 99p to get in!!!See details on Facebook-probably Northern.I know the Pub(they normally have Dos downstairs-but I have not been to this one),it is near Farringdon Street Tube.

3. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

mais oui,bien sur(cannot get the funny bit over the top!!!):)

4. Gramps

Gramps Senior member

Hmmm could be tempted.

I'm staying near tower bridge, so not sure if that's good or bad ;).

I'll,take a look on Facebook now.

Anyone else fancy it???

5. sleep or die

sleep or die Member

I want to just throw something out, I found this part of Style Forum by chance. I googled "traditional skinhead fashion" and found you guys here! I used to post on this forum quite frequently a couple years ago (under a different name) but had kind of forgotten about it. I was quite surprised to find this here. My point is, I want to let everyone in this thread know that this is honestly THE best skinhead forum/topic,or whatever you want to call it, that I have ever found. Almost every other forum I have found, upon looking, basically turned out to be a bunch of guys going out of their way to be horrible to each other and purposely confuse any "outsider" who comes asking legitimate questions. I can't count the number of forums I have found where anyone who is new to all this or just wants questions about the culture cleared up, are verbally slapped for asking legitimate questions or barraged with nazi propaganda for the exact purpose of confusing them. This is one of the few forums/forum topics that I, as a skinhead, love to read and have no reservations pointing someone with questions to. THANK YOU!

6. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Thanks for your kind words mate.

7. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

This site is... the oracle. Anything else... is shit.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  8. Yankee

Yankee Well-Known Member

New threads. Thanks to Get Smart (Jason) for coming through.

It's a petrol blue sharkskin three button, frogmouths on the pants. He did a fine job with nothing more than emailed sizes, and for an unbeatable price.

[​IMG]

just need a bit of a hem, but I usually get pants longer to be safe and added a bit to the measurements I gave him.
    [​IMG]

moves nice and I cant wait to take it on a dancefloor with my girl. A couple of all nighters coming up and Dawn Penn in Oakland in November.
    [​IMG]

with docker d1s (in need of an iron after a day at work) and weejuns
    [​IMG]

And a new pair of 40+ year old (5 nail, usa made) Florsheim gunboats. Thanks to Roy for the tip to steer clear of Loakes, saved me a bundle.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  9. Raff72

Raff72 Active Member

On the subject of the Aussie fella that was on the podium with the panthers, the ABC (our version of the Beeb) made a doco about the guy a few years ago. I'll see if I can hunt down some more details. Must admit that in my early to mid twenties I was obsessed with the black power movement and especially the panthers. Being a wee bit of a commie myself it was only natural I guess.

10. Raff72

Raff72 Active Member

11. Raff72

Raff72 Active Member

12. Raff72

Raff72 Active Member

Actually it wasn't made by the ABC (that's where I saw it) it was made by either his son or nephew. If you get a chance take a look, absolutely amazing story.

13. Kingstonian

Kingstonian Senior member

I also know the pub . It does not seem that big though. There used to be a smashing Wetherspoons pub called The Printworks on the other side of the road very clean and well laid out and very cheap drinks too. That closed and then became a club. Interesting area. My dancing days are long gone I hasten to add.

14. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

The difference with this Forum is-there are a few "Originals" on here.We were not Nazis(don`t forget our Fathers fought against Hitler),nor Communists-they came later.We were People that went out and enjoyed outselves etc.,dressed the way we liked '.Anyone who has a genuine interest in the Fashion,will certainly have their Questions answered.Jokers will be found out. :)

The Pub is small-with stone slab Flooring,but downstairs there have been quite a few Soul Nights .I know, I have been to a few of them-over the years.I still like going out,do not say I am a Dancer though-Pubs just bore me full stop.Around here they are either Eating Places or with Rock Bands playing in them.

15. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Like the Colour of the "Whistle",Yankee(Whistle and Flute-Suit,just in case you got confused Mate!) :)

16. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

GetSmart IS Smart.Excellent work.The suit looks great.

17. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

18. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

Takes me back... you've certainly retained the look and refrained from going OTT - well done, the suit looks ace. :nodding:

19. Darksideoftheforce

Darksideoftheforce Well-Known Member

Nice smart looking suit there. I met with Jason the other week to get measured for a similar style and color. He was very helpful. I'm going to order mine sometime next week. Can't wait to get it.

20. sleep or die

sleep or die Member

makes all the difference.