1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. papyloic

papyloic Member

souvenir for some on here....boots and comics[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  2. papyloic

papyloic Member

for MOM[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

:D:D

4. ChrisLionheart

ChrisLionheart Member

Hi,

I got some Baracuta Harrington jackets, they are unbeatable in my opinion, but I'm searching for an alternative for the new season on the terraces.

I don't like the warrior ones, because I want raglan sleeves (looks better, fits better). Now I found those ones at Jump The Gun (a nice shop in Brighton):

http://www.jumpthegun.co.uk/shop/Product/Index/79

Ragglan sleeves and made in UK.

Does someone here got one of these and could tell me more about fitting and quality? Would be nice!

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

have one in navy. it's a quality jacket. fit is pretty much like most harringtons, imo run about a size larger. normally a 38, i got my JtG in a 36 and fits perfect. I wear same in Baracuta, so I would get whatever Baracuta size you wear.

6. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

Okay, while we're on recommendations, anyone used this place:
    http://www.brooktaverner.co.uk/

I bought a suit from them last month - a cracker for work - and now on their mailing list.

Saw some shirts that looked good for the price - BD, rear collar button, nice roll to the collar, rear pleat, 100% good quality cotton - and a decent weight... so whaddya think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reduced from £55 to £19.95, this is them just out of the packet and heading for the washer - I'm pleased.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  7. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Looking good Ed.

8. ek77

ek77 Senior member

and even tattoos on his fingers and arms!!! great find!!!!

9. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

Nope.

10. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

Don't know how this works.Wanted to say Tanx (m.bolan) for your speak.I'm an American who discovered Punk rock in 77 (I was 11) very soon learned about the Mod revival and then Two-Tone revival (78-79) In 81 "Indie Rock" began and I became a pro musician in an early to mid 80's indie rock band,Indie rock came from Punk and Mod and 2tone as well as many other threads.As i am now middle aged I've begun to remember where I came from(punk,mod,2tone) My nostalgia has brought me to the original mods and skinheads. I've been reading for a couple of weeks and had to say Tanx and keep it up.Love the older folks from the original days tellin'us younger ones how it was.BIG UP.

1 person likes this.
  11. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

I agree.i grew up in Boston,which had a good "Hardcore-Straight Edge" scene.The hardcore bands were better than the Oi (which influenced the american hardcore scene)I think the Oi bands were too "amatuerish".That false idea that punks couldn't(or shouldn't) play well, which was not true of the first wave of punk.

12. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

13. ChrisLionheart

ChrisLionheart Member

Thanks man. How are the innersleeves of thoss JTG Harringtons? Polyster or that tartan lining like the cheap ones?

14. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

For those that like a few choons when browsing, might I suggest:
    http://www.accuradio.com/

Obviously, i favour Traditional Reggae - currently listening to The Skatalites with 'Lucky Seven' - but there's something for everyone on the menu.

15. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Will give that a go,over the Weekend.I also have loads of Podcasts to listen to-covering Reggae,Soul,Jazz and Rythmn and Blues.Busy times.

16. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

This is very cool to see.Tanx for posting this.The dynamic of inner city youth is always the same.Don't matter if it's gangs in the Five Points slum of New York City mid 19 century or zoot suited chicanos in LA in the 1940's.Big Up to Alex for this.

17. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

Same thing has happened in New York City.It's become too expensive for working class people to live there anymore.

18. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

Tough at the top, big yin... imagine what it's like for me at the bottom! :happy:

19. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

the best collection of skinhead photos I've seen.Tanx sambarock.

20. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

The 'scutlers' thing has been highlighted her before, mate. (Not a problem, though.)

I have a friend who has - should anyone be interested - a business in the old 'Ragged School' there, in Ancoats.

If any of our 'colonial cousins' (joke boys and girls) want to visit, I can sort that out for you.

The boss, an Indian Sikh, is Jaz, a really good mate, very trendy, very mod (bless)and is a good guy... see here, eh?

Like our London chums in the old East End - and, dare I say it: where the Skinhead movement had it's roots (spit :embar:), the area was all immigrants... that's life and we move on.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/44553067

BTW - Jaz's gaffe: http://www.gjcreative.co.uk/

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012