1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. soundsnpressure

soundsnpressure Senior member

Ha ha. that's the link! method in the madness It makes sense now. what he said about being 47 etc.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  2. Gramps

Gramps Senior member

Yeah it makes sense, and he throws some valid points. Sussed that straight away, just wanted him to find out himself.

Still no excuse for the attitude thought, and still no apology for accusing the wrong person.

3. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

He has some real catching up to do then.

4. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Did not see anything like this in the 60s.Patches like the Jamaican Flag were not available in Shops(not like they are now).If you saw a Jamaican Flag,it was usually in a Jamaican Shop Window.In Brixton Market they were everywhare.I did not wear Badges or any Slogans-looked too bloody scruffy.

As yet we have left Politics out of here.That is exactly how I want to it to stay.We have our own views-but not here!

5. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

I come in peace but... I reckon you've got it all a bit arse-about-face here, pal.

You need to read the whole TS forum.

Many posters - such as yourself - and me, if truth be told (I'm 58 BTW) were 'in' around the start.

And many, who through no fault of their own - and I hate the fact they are soooooo young ;-) weren't... but love the whole trad skinhead ethos.

Liars and wannabes are quickly 'outed' here, there are too many originals who know the scene very well to be taken in. (Though the memory can play tricks as we get older.)

So, why not start again - it's up to you - tell us all a bit about yourself and we can all benefit from what you have to offer.

FTR: I live in Didsbury, just 'up the road' from the D & P (The Manchester Lyons unofficial HQ) and know Jim - rides the red and white Bilbao Lambretta - and probably a few others, too.

Know loads from Fallowfield, Burnage, Levenshulme, Rusholme and Wythy... let's have a pint, even?

A good crowd on here - join in and get your yoof(!) back. :nodding:

6. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Not been posting much of late, just going over the last 4 or 5 pages, The bloke who goes by the name The Real Spirt, Are you a wind up ?, or just a idiot, Read the fcuking thread before sticking your oar in.
    Mate you say you was a Original ? So you was one of the millions who was a Skinhead in the late 60s, So what?

If you have anything to say of the period then lets hear them..otherwise fcuk off with your stupid comments.

7. Raff72

Raff72 Active Member

Seriously fella, considering you came in here like a bull in a china shop I really think it would serve you best to live and let live just a little more. I for one am not impressed by those who try to throw their weight around on the internet as it is pointless. Take the hint and go with the flow a little more. I think everyone in here has gone ot of their way to give you the benefit of the doubt and it would be a shame if you didn't take advantage of that.

Aside from that it was great reading your second to last post, i'll have more of the same thanks bud.

8. Raff72

Raff72 Active Member

On a slightly different note, do any of you fellas have any Mary Millington pics to share?? I am in the middle of building a few scoots and aside from a Vaughn Bode themed one I would love to do a Mary Millington themed custom as well.

9. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

Try Flickr - then type in the name. :satisfied:

10. harrysgame

harrysgame Senior member

We have a lively one here.

Just because someone happened to be around during the late 60s it doesn't mean you can come on here and talk bollocks. I have more respect for some of the younger lot on here and probably know just as much, if not more than you. Wind your neck in Spirit, Read the whole thread and start again. :angry:

11. Raff72

Raff72 Active Member

Also, another point I will make (I actually had it in a previous post but it got lost along with some other stuff I edited) is that arguing on the internet is like a couple of nuff nuffs having a slapping contest, it makes everyone involved look like a retard. While I understand that skinhead related stuff brings up alot of passion in people (and rightly so) it is still no reason to make things personal. I can understand how people can get possesive over periods of their life and I feel the same about the early Rave scene here in oz to some extent, but rather than use this experience to make myself out as some kind of legend, I much prefer to use it to instill a little excitement and sense of history in those that followed on.

Also, to be just a little cheeky, if you reckon that Harrington with all the badges and patches on it makes you look the duck's nuts then I would be getting meself to the doctor's for a test or two on your grey matter just to make sure early senility isnae kicking in.

12. soundsnpressure

soundsnpressure Senior member

hee hee. It's shocking. I think the only symbols missing off it is an 'anarchy' sign, and a 'ban the bomb' symbol.
    I shudder to think what's on the back of it. Maybe a big yellow acid smiley face [​IMG]

13. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

I cannot believe a person who claims to be a Original Skinhead...walking around these days wearing a Harrington with a load of fcuking silly badges on,

Mate come to the Skinhead Doo at Margate this Saturday, And Yep wear your Harrington, :D

14. Gramps

Gramps Senior member

15. bunty

bunty Senior member

Sorry to butt in.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Randy Cozens, no dates unfortunately ('67/8?)

Round 2.........

16. Gramps

Gramps Senior member

Fantastic as usual Bunty. Just what the doctor ordered.

17. Basset

Basset Senior member

Good pics Bunty

18. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Great pics Paul, note the lad in the braces, his trousers with the single front pleat and cash pocket, Most bespoke suits would be this style around 69, a clear carry over from the Mods, Flat fronted trousers was available but mostly Off the peg.

19. Mr twist tag

Mr twist tag Member

I live in a little village called shotgate(wickfor
    I will be turning up to margate this weekend should be a good laugh!! :D it may not be a original venue or dance hall but its the closest thing to it these days!!
    I'll make sure I take my patches off my Harrington before the weekend :D hahaha

20. buttons

buttons Senior member

Rand Cozens - a snappy dresser as a youth and a well respected man on the soul scene. Good find, Bunty.
    I was gonna post a couple more but the website won't let me for some reason.

See ye at the weekend Mr TT.