Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Its a good shop Jason, prices are reasonable, Their is a shop over here [Superdenim] in UK charging £245 for a pair of Studio D Artisan.

Thanks again for getting me those SDs 101 from Tokyo Jason you saved me £75,

I have been wearing them every day since at work ..to break em in and to get the Whiskering, once done will only wear em for best ,:D

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012

2. Warden

Warden Member

I wear Levi's. I am not much of a store shopper. Its so convenient to order online. [​IMG]

3. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

i know his is an old Post,but someting about the Vauxhall Cresta was in my mind.I have got to be honest,I never saw any Skinheads driving around in this .They were mainly Fords(Zephrys and Anglias).When we drove around it was in an old Rover 90.Big old Bus but as comfortable as hell.The only other Mob I knew had a similar Motor came from Leigh Park-theirs` was the next Model up.When they came down one night(to settle an old Score-not with us may I add)we spent a couple of hours just talking about the Motors.It diffused the Situation.

Tivia,I know.:D

4. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

or shall I say Trivia.

5. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

6. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

Now that is old... But you probably look/act younger than me.:crackup:

7. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Thanks Mate.:)

8. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

This is yet another example of doing away with a piece of British Social History.I never went in the 60s,but have been since and say it is unique is an understatement.Another example of big money vandalism.:facepalm:

9. Little Queenie

Little Queenie Senior member

I think they'd 'borrowed' the Zephyr from what I can remember of the background that came with the photos. Still can't remember where I got them from! The caption I have saved with the photo reads: 'Can't remember if the car was ours or not or did we borrow it!!!!!!!!'. Think they just parked next to the Cresta.

10. Little Queenie

Little Queenie Senior member

There is a campaign to save the Wheel: want me to send you a link?

11. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

/quote] I had a (similar) pair of Australian army boots - very red by the time I'd finished with 'em - that had big steel lumps on the sole. I was told - by the guy in the Army and Navy Stores - it was to stop bamboo shots/sharpened spikes coming through and maiming the wearer. The Aussies were in Vietnam at the time - C1969 - so i reckon he could have been right. Great looking 'daisies' BTW. :satisfied:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012

12. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Before DMs became popular, pre 69, any boot was worn,
    Around our way the cheery red boot, with the Vibran Commando soles,
    Hence we called them CHerry red Commando boots, not that Commandos wore them, Also Black Army boots, with studs on the soles was worn,
    It all depended what your local Army Surplus shop had in stock.

13. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Yes please Little Queenie.

14. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

The top pair of Black "Commando"(as we called them)was similar to the ones I used to wear.Forgotten how high they were though! :)

15. London Rudeboy

London Rudeboy Senior member

Hello mate, I've got a "loose fit" khaki Merc in XXL, now I'm a big boy, and that XXL is big on me, so it must be at least a 48" chest. And the friend who got if for me new from Merc, for free because he used to work at Merc in Carnaby Street, said that there is an XXXL, which would be about a 50" chest. That said, that sizing is for the "looser fit" Mercs, in other words, normal sizing, not the short length, tailored sizing. For example, I've got an old Cream Lonsdale that is XXL in the tailored short sizing, plenty long in the sleeve, plenty big round the belly and chest (46") but in the back the elastic waist of it comes half way up my back! I also have a black Camden Market no-brand special, Made in England, and that is the best of the three, a properly sized and cut Harrington, only cost me 20 quid about 7 years ago.

Oh, and a little bit of trivia regarding braces: In Notting Hill and funnily enough even in Sweden they were never worn with tennis/polo shirts, only with long or short-sleeved button up shirts.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012