Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. bunty

bunty Senior member

Those are great photos Pressure Drop, thanks.

Sorry to bung this in - just a quickie...Queenie or Brideshead...what's that zip up that Duffy (the one threatening) is wearing?

[​IMG]

2. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Iam the same John never saw skinheads around my area wearing Fair Isle Sleeveless pullover's. in the 60s. But in 72 My mate and I are wearing fair isle Long sleeve jumpers that was popular at the time.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012

3. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

All types of Knit wear was worn by 60s Skinheads ...anything that was casual, I would often wear my older Brothers Jumpers, Cardigans, Pullovers, and John Smedley type tops

4. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

I moved to Derby a few years ago(now thankfully left )and the first row I had there was with someone who came from Stoke Got suspended from Work for a Week.Fcking cry baby.I have been to Loftus Road and have liked the Ground(not with Peanuts though).

5. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

I like Fair Isles,but as has been said-in the 70s.

6. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Their was no real alliances with Football firms in the 60s, Football firms was massive back then...in the Thousands, Their was Leaders in the firms but not so organised as the 80s Mobs that was far smaller by the way. Their has always been trouble at football... so we are told going right back to the beginning, But mass Football Hooliganism really started with 60s Skinheads, it was a glorious time, for a couple of years we gave the Old Bill the run around, Their would be mass gang fights in the Streets, Going away was like you was invading enemy territory, Towns got smashed up, Train's got wrecked, Copper's would get stuck in they loved it as much as us. But once the Old Bill got more organised they would Nick you for fcuk all, so the fun started to go out of it, well it did for me, by 73 I had had enough and walked away, Never went back too Chelsea until i took my Two Boys in 95.

7. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

I am, mate - though originally a Scot.

It was definitely the day after the 'rout' at NTFC as we 'jumped the train back, having missed the 'special' we had gone out on. (Best got two hat-tricks, BTW!)

I reckon - now I'm in the 'industry', it was a clever ploy by the film-maker to stir up interest, and brought that part of Manchester to a standstill for quite a while as a few old scores were settled amongst the assembled, aspiring stars. (Mix the blue of City and the Red of United - you get purple - and i reckon that was the case (for some) the next day.) ;-)

I travelled with United from 1969 - through to '74, and starting with Levis, Australian army boots and 'grandad' vests, then BS and Jaytex - with Sta-pres... I loved the look. (Braces - a given.)

Did the Royals - just spotted, on this forum, a mere 10 minutes ago - the first pair since 1972! (I remember getting my first pair from Timpsons on Market St, Manchester, and paying, I think £7-15s. (£7.75)

Weejuns from Saxone and 'weavers from... can't remember - but i remember I bought a lot of polish in those days.

Surfer jacket at the beginning, then various Harringtons - best was, unsurprisingly a red one - and the ubiquitous crombie - with coloured hankies. (stud?)

iridescent suits, sensible hair and a a clean look - even my dad was impressed.

Bought two pairs of Bass Loafers - not strictly 'weejuns' in the US last year and a really good pair of same, from John Lewis.

Too fat - and old (58) - for 'the look' now, but bought a 'tonik suit a few months ago, Very sober and for work, still like the polished brogues, too.

Great to see and read the posts, I'm going to grab a bottle(?) of wine after work Friday, settle down and work my way through this lot. (It may take several bottles, eh?)

Thanks to whoever runs this... but you've made an old man feel even older.

Cheers,

Ed

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012

8. Little Queenie

Little Queenie Senior member

That's from the film isn't it? So '71...... can't say I recognise it. Have you got a clearer shot? It looks to be checked?

9. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Same as the Bank Holidays(in the `60s)-except you were having a go at Greasers.The Old Bill would take great delight in chucking you into a Van-so that you banged your head .Happened to a couple of my Mates in Hastings.Then the they got organised. I saw where the Aggro was going-when in `69 a Fan got caught by a Dart.Nearly took his eye out.Like you Roy,I stopped going to Matches.It was alright having a row with Boots,but not with things you threw etc.

10. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Nice One Ed , I am 58 this April, Have you been to any present day Skinhead Doos,? Loads of original Skinheads are getting to these Doos of late,

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012

11. Little Queenie

Little Queenie Senior member

Thanks Ed,

Good to see another Northerner on here.

Don't worry: there's older than you on here!!

12. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Yes Mate,me-62!:)

13. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Thats right Colin, Darts and Sharpened Pennies thrown over, Cut throat razors being carried and used, I had a Arsenal Supporter come at me with a Axe outside Stamford Bridge in 70, the cnut was chasing me around a car in the end i dived under a police horse to get away,:D
    Mad times.

14. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

I had forgotten about the sharpened Pennies Roy.

15. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

or worse still...

[​IMG]