• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ great shot. really nice composition and all that. would make a fantastic print to hang on wall

Lasttye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not seen this photo with Danny 'Eccles' Arkins, before.

My mate Paul was around a couple of days ago, he said he bumped into Danny in Fulham the day before, I said next time you see him , tell him he is famous lol

ek77

Reaction score
one of the rare pix with a black skinhead from the early days....

ek77

Reaction score

I'd rather see skinhead pack it up and die off than to have a new generation of "mall skins" via Lars.

god damn, get over it... do we really need another lars ofc discussion on here too??? i guess you guys in the states have some really worse problems in the skinhead scene than lars... your country is full of pricks with no clue of a style at all.... if the new generation of mall skins are looking like him it is way better than most of your so called old skinheads look like....
if you need something to laugh take a look at the traditional skinheads group on facebook...

Last edited:

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score

god damn, get over it... do we really need another lars ofc discussion on here too??? i guess you guys in the states have done really worse problems in the skinhead scene than lars... your country is full of pricks with no clue of a style at all....

stefan, this part i agree with 1000%

if the new generation of mall skins are looking like him it is way better than most of your so called old skinheads look like....

this part we'll have to agree to disagree :nodding:

DrBassie

Reaction score

god damn, get over it... do we really need another lars ofc discussion on here too??? i guess you guys in the states have some really worse problems in the skinhead scene than lars... your country is full of pricks with no clue of a style at all.... if the new generation of mall skins are looking like him it is way better than most of your so called old skinheads look like....
if you need something to laugh take a look at the traditional skinheads group on facebook...

Agree. Most "skinheads" here are some of the scruffiest looking people I know. We don't have any so-called mall skins in my area but I can tell you that one, with little effort, could look better than most of the local skins with "cred".

As far as the facebook group...:rolleyes:

OHT

Reaction score

i guess you guys in the states have some really worse problems in the skinhead scene than lars... your country is full of pricks with no clue of a style at all....

When you're right you're right.

lol, as soon as I saw the post "is white laces ok" I was out of there

I thought it was funny when one guy posted the Youth Brigade "sink with california" song :lol: . I'll talk to almost anyone but imo, non skinheads are better to be around/hang with.

Hey guys........ are red laces ok? :happy:

PxC

Reaction score

Colin of all the original skinhead clobber, Jungle greens was my favourite, Where we got them from they was Very cheap 5 bob.. new unissued, they was comfortable and would fade to a really nice colour.
also looked great with Cherry red commando boots, some of us would wear maroon sweat shirts to go with the boots, this would have been early 68.

Speaking of it, a (probably) dumb question: were jungle greens worn with any other kind of shoes than boots?
It would look weird in my opinion, but who knows...

Last edited:

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of it, a (probably) dumb question: were jungle greens worn with anything other kind of shoes than boots?
It would look weird in my opinion, but who knows...

There was a time(whether this was widespread,I do not know),when Dunlop Green Flashes were worn with Jungle Greens-mostly in the Summer.A bit like Addidas Sambas were worn with Levis during the 80s Revival,without the turn-ups. This would have been Summer `68.:)

loempiavreter

Reaction score

There was a time(whether this was widespread,I do not know),when Dunlop Green Flashes were worn with Jungle Greens-mostly in the Summer.A bit like Addidas Sambas were worn with Levis during the 80s Revival,without the turn-ups. This would have been Summer `68.:)

Stuart Goddard aka Adam Ant in his book when talking about his skinhead days mentioned Dunlop Red Flash trainers.

Would you still roll up your jungle green trousers to let float just above the trainers (a clean break)?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics