• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

OHT

Reaction score

Yeah, I know, and I should have been more precise about what I meant by 'revival'. I didn't mean the relatively small band of people who do their best to emulate the fashions and tastes of '69. I did mean the various waves of people (post-punk) who thought it meant Naziism, tight jeans rolled up to your knees, shaved heads, braces round their arses, neck tattoos and MA1 jackets.
(Nothing wrong with MA1s, by the way, but you get the picture.)

I am a fan of the Levis Sherpa lined denim jacket :D. They'll keep you warm and I think they look great. I still can't believe they weren't part of the original skinhead wardrobe.

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting Reading,keep it up!!Nothing to add at present,but I am looking....:)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score

I am a fan of the Levis Sherpa lined denim jacket :D. They'll keep you warm and I think they look great. I still can't believe they weren't part of the original skinhead wardrobe.

Longest time I thought they were part of the Original gear as well. My ex-skin friends who dont dress it anymore, will still refer to the Sherpa denim in a "I dont dress skinhead anymore but once in a while I will wear my sherpa denim jacket". Me, I cant get the image of 1970s truck drivers out of my head when I see sherpa denim.

Lasttye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Longest time I thought they were part of the Original gear as well. My ex-skin friends who dont dress it anymore, will still refer to the Sherpa denim in a "I dont dress skinhead anymore but once in a while I will wear my sherpa denim jacket". Me, I cant get the image of 1970s truck drivers out of my head when I see sherpa denim.

Northern kit ! if you walked onto the Shed End 60s wearing a Levi Jacket , and Chelsea was playing say Man Utd, You would have taken your life in your own hands.:D

Regarding the Levi Sherpa jacket, not a bad bit of kit, in the 80s, I've got one of those Carter American Trucker jackets with the Sherpa lining, not worn it for years but still a good jacket.

Last edited:

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, here are a couple of pics of the silk scarf I recently bought - near as makes no difference identical to the one I wore back in the day.

Big Muscle

Reaction score
Are there any photos of skinheads wearing them in old days? I'm just interested how does such scarf look with crombie etc. :)

Btw, what was the most common colour (cherry or black?) and number of eyelets on DMs back in the days?

OHT

Reaction score
I think it would be very interesting if the Walk Proud book mentions any skinhead gear(i.e Levi's Sherpa lined denim jacket :),lol) or music that you like about the revival scene.

loempiavreter

Reaction score

Are there any photos of skinheads wearing them in old days? I'm just interested how does such scarf look with crombie etc. :)

Supposedly on the documentary "Everyone’s An Actor, Shakespeare Said" (I've never seen it myself though, but I heard they wore tootal scarfs and crombies in this little behind the scenes docu) , docu with some of the kids that went on to star in Bronco Bullfrog. It's included as an extra on the BFI release of Bronco Bullfrog.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads