Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

^^ thank you.

2. harrysgame

harrysgame Senior member

I remember when Mensi and co were just another racist Skinhead Band. They denounced their views when the gigs started to dry up. Hypocrites.
    Now they drone on about their left wing crap. Not sure which is worse.

Its a shame they done some good music.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

back to the frivolity of clothes....

got in the Doc Marten "langston" boot that was posted about few pages ago...Made in England 8i boot but it's tall, more like a 10i height but with 8 eyelets

I know i've felt this way before so we'll see how I feel in a few months, but I think these are the ideal Docs. Color is a deep dark oxblood similar to the For Lifes. Leather is a hi-polishable type, unlike the For Lifes. It's English made. Doesnt have the yellow stitching around the welt.

I do notice they are larger than normal DM sizing, maybe by as much as half size larger. They felt a bit roomier compared to other DMs in same size, but an insole took care of that so it's fine. I put em up against another pair of Docs and they are about half inch longer in length. I have a feeling these might have some sizing problems for some, since they dont seem to be same as the normal DM boots, depending on how picky your feet are.

4. War Beast

War Beast Member

anybody?

5. DrBassie

DrBassie Well-Known Member

Thanks for that GS. I was looking more at the Drury. Might go for yours if the sizing is like that though. I'm usually a half size so the weird sizing would actually work well for me.

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

this guy might be able to offer some advice :crazy:
    [​IMG]

7. War Beast

War Beast Member

Looks like my kind of comrade [​IMG]
    btw.. whats up with skins and 20+ eye boots these days??? I'm a skinhead, NOT a bondage freak. The highest acceptable boot to me is 14 eyelets. mainly because I'm so damn tall they look like 10 eyes on me.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011

8. soundsnpressure

soundsnpressure Senior member

My lord...What a photo.
    Well, along with the bone-heads there's the 'other lot' that have hijacked the skinhead style, and dragged the sub-culture into the gutter.
    Such a shame because the average joe-bloggs on the street associates skinheads with these 2 factions these days.

That outfit doesn't even match [​IMG] I think the baseball bat is probably polystyrene too.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011

9. OHT

OHT Senior member

lol I would never take this "guy" serious(dresses like shit too). wtf is up with the bat? This pic is as bad as the skins nowadays that pose with their pitbull(s) :rotflmao:

10. Choco G

Choco G Well-Known Member

We need to re-group and take back the streets in the name of Traditional Skinheads! I'm off to Brick Lane later in my best Trad schmutter, do I need to watch my back or take a polystyrene baseball bat?

11. Sipreano

Sipreano Member

Hi everyone,

it's interesting that it is mentioned everywhere that traditional skinheads wore sta prests but i've never seen a detailed picture of the style of sta prest worn in the late 60s early 70s by skinheads.
    As mentioned the term sta prest doesn't say much as there are so many variations that have the permanent crease labeled sta prest by Levis

In this thread there's some info on sta prests and some pictures.
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/95125/levis-new-sta-press

Me personally i really like the 566 jeans style.

So some mentioned that you weren't wearing the jeans style and the cloth was different.
    So what was the style like. More a dress pant like the 559 in the pic posted by soulstylist in above thread?

And Cloth was a poly/cotton 50/50 blend? Choco G mentioned shiny.

Here are some examples:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Which would be closest? or was ist completely different? did it even have a structure? Choco G mentioned Gabardine.

12. soundsnpressure

[​IMG]

13. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Brook Brothers,Hathaways and I believe Arrow were sold in "Cecil Gees",Shaftesbury Avenue,in the early days of the Modernists.Simons followed the tradition when he started "The Ivy Shop" and bought along Trojan Shirts etc.(I believe that was the Brand).I had Ben Shermans in Gingham Check,Stripes,Candy Stripes and Plain.I wear the American Brands of Shirts these days,as I believe BS have now gone down the Toilet!

14. soundsnpressure

Hi there.
    Welcome.

I have bought all the different styles of modern levi's sta-prest since the mid 90's.
    I love the modern Levi's, I don't know how true they are in any way to original skinhead wear, but to be honest. It doesn't bother me. I have other brands of sta-prest that are more like the classic 60's 70's ones when I want to look more 'traditional'. (they are also a hell of a lot cheaper than levis anyway!)

Here's 3 of the last modern designs of Levi's. There is another variation, but they are out of shot and in the laundry! Those ones have the traditional horizontal slit pockets with a button to each pocket. far more traditional than these 3 variations.

[​IMG]

15. dopeman

dopeman Active Member

Thats the style I remember seeing (but not owning ) and would be the closest to the style replicated in the late 7t's early 8t's (albeit not as tight as the later unbranded copies of the times).
    Questions for the originals (or anyone else qualified of course)-
    1) Can you remember the year they came out and were they worn by mods previously (if date allows)?
    2) What colours were available?
    3) Were there any other brands (or unbranded) of similar and accepted style?
    Also- have any americans reading this had any deadstock over there?