• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

soundsnpressure

Reaction score
Anyone see the Dr. Marten "Drury" yet? Anyone seen them in person? Thoughts?

I like the lower profile toe and sole.

At first Glance. I like a great deal. I'd like to see some more photo's. What company is selling these mate? Very interested.

FinchleyFrank

Reaction score

At first Glance. I like a great deal. I'd like to see some more photo's. What company is selling these mate? Very interested.

Snap . :nodding:They're on the DM USA website....possibly for that market only, but I've mailed DM UK asking if they'll be available here.

Rille

Reaction score
Hi there,

First off, I must say that this thread has a ****load of information, so thank you all for that.
smile.gif

But since im clueless and might have missed some stuff i have some questions for you guys.

1) Set in sleeve or raglan sleeve? Which one was most common on harrington and other types of clothes?

2) What colour socks and what kind of pattern if any?

3) Does anyone here have troubles with being tall and wearing shirts? Some of them seem to be too damn short. It's alot easier to tuck them in your jeans if you have something to tuck in (having a bit of a belly does not help). Are there any brands that are longer then others?

4) What style were the perfect sheepskin and what kind was a big no no to wear? specific brands?
I just think that if the lapels are too big it looks like some pimpjacket (hate not knowing my english too well so i have to search for words like lapel).

5) Was there ever a brand of braces being used more then others?

6) What denim jackets was in? stricktly levis?

7) What about sta press? which brands besides levis was popular? farah?

soundsnpressure

Reaction score
Them DM DRURY boots Frank posted are now in the UK site. 100 nicker.
http://store.drmartens.co.uk/p-7036-dr-martens-drury-boot.aspx

The US site states they are made in Thailand. The UK doesn't mention origin. Must be the same tho.

It's about time DM's made a boot in a decent dark oxblood. More like some of the Solovair footwear.

(p.s. The DM JEFFERY boot isn't my thing, BUT they are in the sale £69 from £129, then there is an extra 20% off the sale price & free delivery. Can't be bad)
http://store.drmartens.co.uk/c-30-on-sale.aspx

Last edited:

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back in the 60s,my favourite Sheepskin was a 3/4 length one.I would have liked it in a dark colour-but they were rare.The worst ones were the later "Market Stall" Sheepskins.They were cheaply made and not very warm.I had originally bought mine from the "Lane",but that was about 3 years before.

The Colour Socks worn,in my case,were red.White got very dirty quick(especially after being worn 3 days-just joking! :)).

I wore a Levi Denim Jacket,others,in the North,wore Wranglers etc.

Never had problems with sizes of Shirts.I was 15 1/2 Medium Build.Only in later Life has my Waistline "expanded".

Levis Sta Prest were the only Brand popular in London, in the 60s-so I believe.Farahs came out in the 70s.

The Braces had to be a certain width.As for the Brand?I cannot remember any predominate ones.Maybe M-o-M can put you right on this one.
Hope that has given some info., Mate.

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have spoken about the times when we used to prance about,showing off our latest Purchases.But what about the time,when,you were deemed"going a step too far" by others.This happened to me,when I bought a new Shirt.
It was early `70.I had been speaking to a Mate of mine-who worked for Harry Fentons.We had both been moaning about how stagnant the Scene had become.We also had a whinge about Schoolboys wearing "Royals" to School.I had spent a weeks` Wages on a pair,now they were part of the School Uniform!!! I told him I was getting fed-up with B.Ds and the Patterns(Striped or Checks).He got out a Shirt that had been left by a Rep.-as a "Sample".It was totally different from what I had been wearing.It was dark Blue with a small Diamond Pattern and Pointed Collar.To listen to the furore it caused,you would think it was covered in massive Sunflowers.
That Week-end,I decided to wear it down to the "Plaza".I teamed it up with the Blazer I had bought,as well.On the Bus,my Sister refused to sit with me(She was a Skinhead Girl).When we arrived at the Pub-where I was meeting my Mates.You should have heard the various Comments.I was called everything,even a bloody "Hippy".That hurt!!!
Anyway,to "Cut a Long Story Short",it was not too many weeks when others started wearing similar Shirts.I am not saying I was the first,but,in my circle of Friends I was a Pioneer! :)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score

A couple of years ago RAF Simons brought these out, Very nice.
http://www.oki-ni.com/invt/raf0154bur

I managed to get a pair of those on sale for 80 quid, and they are REALLY nice. the leather is thicker than normal DMs and a higher quality grade of leather, color is totally unique, being a dark brownish-burgundy that's never been used on another DM shoe. No weird Raf branding or any other smutter

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score

Them DM DRURY boots Frank posted are now in the UK site. 100 nicker.
http://store.drmartens.co.uk/p-7036-dr-martens-drury-boot.aspx

The US site states they are made in Thailand. The UK doesn't mention origin. Must be the same tho.

It's about time DM's made a boot in a decent dark oxblood. More like some of the Solovair footwear.

Drury boot looks good, I like the sleeker design. only minor quibble is the tapering at front of the heel, but I could live with that. DM does use a good oxblood on their Ormond brogue boot...they call it "dark brown" but it's not brown at all, very much a nice dark oxblood which looks a bit similar (tho darker) to the color of the Drury

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads