1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. London Rudeboy

London Rudeboy Senior member

2. bunty

bunty Senior member

^ Beat me to it mate :D

Roy - still searching for some photos of the elusive Ruperts, found plenty of late 70s/80s and present day Skins wearing them, some mid 70s flared versions but no early 70s pics. I've spoken to a few old lads who don't remember them at all? Prince of Wales certainly but nothing 'brighter' ? Is this another regional thing?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  3. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Iam not sure if the Ruperts was worn exclusively in London, Harrysgame who gets on here knows a bit more about them.
    They had a sort of POW patten, they was very light cotton material, the nearest thing i have seen is those Madras patten golfing trousers that Americans wear.

The ruperts we wore came in three pastel colours, I remember the light grey and light blue, the workmanship was awful and they fell apart fairly quick, They was popular for about the summer of 70 ?

The problem with a photo the may just look like ordinary trousers as the patten was so light.

4. London Rudeboy

Somewhere I've got a photo of myself circa 1973 in the grey/blue POW trousers.

5. noddy

noddy Member

cant imagine many young people from scotland would go past blackpool in 1970[​IMG]

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

lol, i know ZERO about the vacation habits of 1970s UKers, just kind of ignorantly threw that out there

7. London Rudeboy

As others have already pointed out from the D reg and the Mk IV Zephyr this photo is post 66 and with the presence of Skinheads it is probably around 1970. However, the registration plates also tell us something else. i.e. that the cars are from England not Scotland. Back then you see, (from 63 to 1983) most Scottish registered vehicles had an S either as the first or second letter of the 3 letter combination. However, I can tell you from the area code (2nd and 3rd letters in the 3 letter group) that OJ is Birmingham, and I can't see the 3rd letter on the Ford fully but it looks like it might be a D and XD was Luton, (Birmingham and Luton very close to each other) however that doesn't mean the owners at the time of that photo were from there.

8. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

Fcuk me James only a Old Bill would know that, Well done that Man, :D

9. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

:D:D:D

10. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

:D:D:D

11. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Bloody hell,I am tripling what I am saying now!!!!:)

12. London Rudeboy

13. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

This is such a nice pic, The two girls with the skinhead haircuts are spot on, Also the lad with his boot on the other lads head is older... and one of the drivers of the vehicle ? such a innocent photo of what for me seems such a long time ago, it was my time,

14. London Rudeboy

Yes, absolutely, a great photo.

15. London Rudeboy

That might be the triple wood, triple distilled Bushmills making you do that! [​IMG]

16. loempiavreter

loempiavreter Senior member

This is interesting, but strange phenomenon.

The guy in the second picture somehow got caught in between the 2 different cults when evolving out of Mod:
    [​IMG]

17. Little Queenie

Little Queenie Senior member

When I am not so tired, I'll remember where the picture came from! I've had it a while..... It was tagged by the lad on the bottom left of the photo as being 1970. The Zephyr is an 'H' reg. Think they might have been from Northampton way. Harry might know.

18. ek77

ek77 Senior member

so, do you really think that makes you better than me??? cause this is just the opinion of some old guy who maybe was skinhead for a year or two back in 1969 (btw never seen a single pic of you as skinhead), left the scene and didnt even knew that there were skinheads in the 70s, 80s, 90s and came back in the 2000s to dress up as a skinhead at weekends for a niter and play smartass on the internet?? so do you really think you can speak for the whole british skinhead scene??? i dont think so....

19. ek77

ek77 Senior member

dunno when and where you were in germany, but for sure we got a lot of skinheads over here too, that dont even listen to oi! and punk and only prefer ska, reggae and soul...
    btw to germany skinhead came before oi! with two tone... but believe me in the uk skinhead wasnt more traditional during these days....

20. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

The thing is with you Spilla you hate the fact that Skinheads was invented by 60s Great Britain and not by late 80s Spilla from Germany,
    You are right in one respect mate up until Three years ago i did not know that skinheads was still around in Britain,
    But i now know different, and have meet so lovely people from all over the World
    I was a skinhead for about 18 Months in the 60s, I cannot claim to be a Skinhead now especially at the age of 57.

You know what mate just your ability to be able to write in better English than me, proves that you do not understand British working class society,
    I very much doubt that you even know what i am talking about.right now.

Another thing Spilla I have got to know a fair few German Skinheads who get over to Britain far more than you, I say to them do you know Spilla.
    Yes they say, and thats about it.

I wish i had some pics of you that was on UK Skinheads, that i could post on here , so people could see your interpretation of a skinhead.

Why not put some up on here Spilla.