Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

the Combat donkey jacket looks good for the price. was chatting with a fella in london after a gig and he was wearing one, looked real kosher.

2. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

As it happens Jason, I had a look at the Combat Donkey Jacket, They look Dead on mate, In saying that.. Just having another look, they have no Covering over the Shoulders and Back like the original one's.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  3. soundsnpressure

soundsnpressure Senior member

Cheers Roy and Jason.
    For the price, I couldn't say no. Def worth a gamble I think.

Re: shoulder and back PVC covering - I know these are authentic to the original Jackets, but I'm not a big fan of this detail.
    Don't want to dress like a 70's council bin-man. Even if I may look like one ha ha. (they do sell those ones as well, with the PVC)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  4. Brideshead

Brideshead Senior member

With all the interest in monkey jackets on here recently I spotted some on the Ben Nevis site and have just ordered a Made in England one in navy for £30!

Should get it Tuesday.

5. soundsnpressure

My donkey jacket is out of stock for 4-6 weeks! Gutted. Awaiting refund :( Waiting for e-mail to say when they are back in stock.
    I'm wondering now if I should go for the trad PVC shoulders/back or stick to the plain. The 70's council bin man look is growing on me. hee hee.

6. Lasttye

Lasttye Senior member

I would go for the plain mate, Might get myself one also.:)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  7. harrysgame

harrysgame Senior member

Ah its the Baron. How you keeping. Must admit I have missed your post on UKSkinheads.

8. soundsnpressure

Guilty as charged I'm afraid. I asked to rejoin yesterday. But my ban is for life. My own fault. All them silly photo's I posted, I should have kept my gob zipped too. I Learnt a few lessons there Harry ;)

Nice to speak again Harry. hope you are well too.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  9. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

hey Russ, thought there was something familiar about you. :)

10. soundsnpressure

I'm a bad penny, turn up everywhere.

Hope you are well jason.

11. bunty

bunty Senior member

Hello everyone, welcome new members (Cue Sid James - 'Yahaahaa')

Dhobi jacket/coat can anybody enlighten me? Late Mod pre Skinhead - can't really get that
    much info on the 'net.

Any of you Originals own one/know anything about 'em?

Oh, I've got one of those Ben Nevis Donkey Jackets - without the pvc shoulders too and I wear it at football (with a scarf around me wrist!) Great coat, much smarter without the pvc I reckon. Although some chump did think I was trying to pass it off as a crombie :happy: !

12. Mrweselmann

Mrweselmann Member

Hi guys! First off i would like to introduce myself, my name is Markus im brand new to this forum but ive been lurking for quite a while now.
    I would like to say that im 16 years old and im from Australia, im very interested in the skinhead movement i think its awesome i love all of it im getting my doc martens this weekend and shopping for the rest of the stuff.
    I have some questions for you though: Since im in Australia its bloody hot here and i cant wear alot of the gear thats part of the "uniform" i would like to get some suggestions on what to wear?
    Ive already got suspenders (black and red) and a pair of levis 501's. im particularly interested in looking for something similar to levis sta prest or any sort of slacks or trousers and please dont forget to mention brand names! Thank you in advance?[​IMG]

13. Con Seanery

Con Seanery Active Member

Hi Markus,
    Assuming your questions are serious, I would say that if you are concerned with strolling around and being identified as a skin, then do that. I.E. wear the uniform no matter what. If that’s not what your deal is, then just wear what you want and take elements of this and incorporate that into your own style. With that stated, I never really got into the mindset that skinhead is a movement, to me it’s many things, but movement is not what I classify that as. Besides that, I know this is allot of material but read this thread in its entirety to clue up on the gear.

If your angle is to look absolutely period &/or correct, happy hunting to you because you will be spending allot of money and searching for items that have not been commercially available for years.

On the other hand, if you are only concerned with maintaining the look with commercially available labels (new clothes that fit the bill), then again, read the whole thread and pay attention to what the major contributors are talking about.
    In real life (see offline) I would tell you to go hang out/connect with local skins and attempt to move beyond the mindset of always being correct with the gear you wear. I am just assuming this, but I would doubt very highly if anyone in here would be willing to give you a cookie cutter “skinhead shopping list” as all of that information is contained in this thread to a high level. This sort of thing also defeats the purpose, i.e. in the past you had to hunt far and wide for the proper gear and this was part of the experience. Now with the net you can basically mouse click order all the gear you can afford, and it’s a done deal. Good luck to you :)

14. Mrweselmann

Mrweselmann Member

Thanks for the reply, Im very serious about this indeed. My aim is to at least have a few of the original items but the main goal for me is to look "right" and i wasnt asking for a shopping list exactly more specifcally brand names is what i was looking for because its all pretty limited here (here being Australia) and the original stuff as you said is hard to find and costs a fortune.
    oh and something that i left out was shoes, are there any specific labels that i should be looking for apart from the doc martens. (shoes for outings)

15. Mrweselmann

Mrweselmann Member

Thanks for the reply, Im very serious about this indeed. My aim is to at least have a few of the original items but the main goal for me is to look "right" and i wasnt asking for a shopping list exactly more specifcally brand names is what i was looking for because its all pretty limited here (here being Australia) and the original stuff as you said is hard to find and costs a fortune.
    oh and something that i left out was shoes, are there any specific labels that i should be looking for apart from the doc martens. (shoes for outings)