• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by loempiavreter
Following the lin kof that scuttler pictures M-o-M posted I came upon this article:
http://isysarchive.tv/what-we-wore-4/

Looks like a colored girl in 1970, mentioned how she fiddled in the local youth club with the skins, watching spaghetti westerns (????) at the youth club for one etc.

Originally Posted by Lasttye
Nice Pics, Not sure about the first one though, Never saw a coat like that in 70,

I do recall girls in 68 and 69 wearing coats like that, mainly in herringbone tweed, but by the end of 69 they had gone.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen and lady (that's you, Suzie).

I have now trawled through the whole of this thread. I have more than 57 thousand words of notes (102 pages). At present it's all jumbled about and my next task is to sort them into some kind of order.

I'll be PMing several of you asking for your real name if I only have your screen name, and maybe asking for some clarification of various points.

Anyhow we are now one step closer to the book...

Brideshead

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery

I have now trawled through the whole of this thread. I have more than 57 thousand words of notes (102 pages). At present it's all jumbled about and my next task is to sort them into some kind of order.

I'll be PMing several of you asking for your real name if I only have your screen name, and maybe asking for some clarification of various points.

Well done Paul!

You should have my details but let me know if not.

Cheers

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brideshead
Well done Paul!

You should have my details but let me know if not.

Cheers

I agree with Brideshead,Mate.Well done!

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do recall girls in 68 and 69 wearing coats like that, mainly in herringbone tweed, but by the end of 69 they had gone.
I think there maybe a couple of years difference in the top Photo and ,say,the third.At least the young Lady had a go-and I think She looks pretty smart.
smile.gif

Little Queenie

Reaction score

If you need any assistance, just ask!

Alex Roest

Reaction score

Been spreading the word Paul
cool.gif

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alex Roest
Been spreading the word Paul
cool.gif

We have a long way to go yet, Alex.

I intend to take two weeks off - I need a break.

One question before I go. Occasionally in this thread we have let the odd 'bluey' out, but usually we have rearranged the letters (e.g. 'fcuk') or inserted an asterisk. Believe me the few obscenities we have used have been really mild compared to my recollection of our language back in the day. This is 2011 and I believe that for the book we can safely restore the obscenities as they would normally be typed/said. What do you all think?

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have a long way to go yet, Alex.

I intend to take two weeks off - I need a break.

One question before I go. Occasionally in this thread we have let the odd 'bluey' out, but usually we have rearranged the letters (e.g. 'fcuk') or inserted an asterisk. Believe me the few obscenities we have used have been really mild compared to my recollection of our language back in the day. This is 2011 and I believe that for the book we can safely restore the obscenities as they would normally be typed/said. What do you all think?

Personally speaking,Paul,keep them in.Every other word started with a F..,when we were younger!
smile.gif

Ikouja

Reaction score
Originally Posted by browniecj
What is wrong with the colour?I have a pair of Farahs(that colour)now.It makes a change from the Blues,Blacks and Greys.Yes they do look good with Loafers!
smile.gif

To me it just looks I guess almost dirty, or old. I was sure someone would like them. I prefer a very light tan, like a sand color which I've seen referred to as stone on here I believe. Brown is also a nice color for trousers too, I might have to buy JtG's Sta Prest is that color...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads