• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2204355

I got this Sta Prest, never worn from the 90s on eBay. Lovely thing but I have one problem: I cant get it to fit, its just too tight and I cant close it. Now to my question: How high do you think are the chances that a tailor can make this one fit? I heard that you can adjust pants with a cut and a wedge to make it fit but im quite concered that it ruins the look of the pants. Anyone have experience with something like this? Dont know if this is too off topic for this thread but yeah... Would be lovely to know.

You can just post them to me and leave your worries behind. 😄

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That adjustment can only be done successfully if the strides have been made with broad allowances - the extra hidden material on the inside.
The likelihood of a tailor finding a matching cloth to insert a wedge without it looking absolutely shite is slim to none. Move them on and keep looking. Or buy mine!

p.nut

Reaction score
That adjustment can only be done successfully if the strides have been made with broad allowances - the extra hidden material on the inside.
The likelihood of a tailor finding a matching cloth to insert a wedge without it looking absolutely shite is slim to none. Move them on and keep looking. Or buy mine!
Thats what I thought... too bad thats live innit? Guess I will sell them sooner or later.

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
View attachment 2204355

I got this Sta Prest, never worn from the 90s on eBay. Lovely thing but I have one problem: I cant get it to fit, its just too tight and I cant close it. Now to my question: How high do you think are the chances that a tailor can make this one fit? I heard that you can adjust pants with a cut and a wedge to make it fit but im quite concered that it ruins the look of the pants. Anyone have experience with something like this? Dont know if this is too off topic for this thread but yeah... Would be lovely to know.
Those probably go up to your waist, unlike modern fits.

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2204355

Those aren't proper Sta-Prest though so don't get too downhearted about them not fitting.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So basically similar to the Relco Sta Prest?

Yes. Relco sta-prest are basically a copy of Levi’s ones and others. Oh… buyer beware if you look on eBay, etc. there are always sta-prest for sale, but many are boot cut(pretty much flares/bell bottoms). Not a good look!😄

p.nut

Reaction score
Yes. Relco sta-prest are basically a copy of Levi’s ones and others. Oh… buyer beware if you look on eBay, etc. there are always sta-prest for sale, but many are boot cut(pretty much flares/bell bottoms). Not a good look!😄
Awesome to know since I have a Relco Sta Prest and got told that those are not original since they are basically a chino. I was always wondering whats right and whats not. Still would love to fit the not so right sta prest. As a jeans it would be pretty nice acctually.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome to know since I have a Relco Sta Prest and got told that those are not original since they are basically a chino. I was always wondering whats right and whats not. Still would love to fit the not so right sta prest. As a jeans it would be pretty nice acctually.

Well, Relco, Jump the Gun, and many others produce a sta-prest style, but I think they might have too much of a taper, or too slim-fitting, or a low rise. I think I remember someone saying the original Levi sta-prest had an 8” hem or maybe even wider?

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, Relco, Jump the Gun, and many others produce a sta-prest style, but I think they might have too much of a taper, or too slim-fitting, or a low rise. I think I remember someone saying the original Levi sta-prest had an 8” hem or maybe even wider?
Try Real Hoxton, I have several pairs with a reasonable rise on them.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try Real Hoxton, I have several pairs with a reasonable rise on them.

I bought two pair and I DO like them. The only problem is that they are 100% cotton. Sta-prest are usually a cotton mix, which keeps the crease better.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BenerPrice