• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Ivyskin89

Reaction score

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the retro seventy2 pants are just rebranded relco. But someone here said they have a higher rise?

Inkss

Reaction score
Your friend and humble narrator wearing 'stone' and 'navy' Retroseventys from further back down the thread :
pretobongo.jpg

I have a short 27" inside leg, so will definitely look different on those with 'normal' proportions.

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Your friend and humble narrator wearing 'stone' and 'navy' Retroseventys from further back down the thread :
View attachment 1793587

I have a short 27" inside leg, so will definitely look different on those with 'normal' proportions.
Hey, those are those Bally loafers too! With no amount of Cleveland I'd say. I've got the exact same inseam, so It's a normal proportion to me. Sharp then an sharp now 🕴

northernbloke12345

Reaction score

vim147

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a Baracuta store in London ?

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a Baracuta store in London ?
I'm not the best to answer, as I've never been to England, but if your lookin fo a nice G9, try the SF classifieds. Saw an awesome one there the uthaday.

Swampster

Reaction score
There are a few shops which sell them but no store of their own. They had one in the Carnaby St area but closed it after a couple of years - going by the online reviews I'm not surprised.

Coincidentally, I'm watching on TV the Who concert they did for their 50th anniversary. Pete T is wearing a blue Baracuta.

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Yes that was in Newburgh Street IIRC. Been there once, a nice little shop, cool to see so many G9s in a vast array of colors. The following year the shop had disappeared.
I suppose they mainly sell through their online shop now. Not been to London since the first lockdown, but I suppose it isn’t very difficult to find a Baracuta.

vim147

Reaction score
I hate buying clothes online unless I've already the quality and tried the fit. Am not into all that buying then sending back. Find it a hassle.

I did try on a G9 sz36 in TK Maxx selling for £80 In Taupe colour but was too tight.

DavidWatts69

Reaction score
Hey reggae mike, I really dig what you're doing here with all the music posts and those big collared shirts!

Feeling at home on this thread. At the moment I'm doing my best with my stupidly low budget, stretching it between my interests in classic menswear and in hard mod stuff so I don't quite have proper fits (I destroyed my piggy bank two years ago for some proper boots but I lack some pieces that would make you say I'm spot on, I try and make do with what's available in my area).

EDIT: please never stop posting some good old skinhead reggae (maybe just ease up a bit on the Judge Dread songs? Really not my cup lol)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads