• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mod to Suedehead

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just an excursus here. Henry, bother of Charles Edward Stewart (Bonnie Prince Charlie) and last legitimate Stewart claimant to the throne, died without an heir. He bequeathed all his rights and privileges to the House of Hannover, hence the reining monarch is Chief of the Clan Stewart.
. .which is quite possibly the reason why , in the 19th c that the Hanovarians were willing to pay for a mausoleum to Henry his dad and big bro' in St Peter's. .

ETA - the tartan known as Royal Stewart , which tends to adorn those generic Harringtons as well as those Scottish tat shops in the Royal Mile , was probably invented by Sir Walter Scott for the visit of the Hanovarian King to Scotland in 1822 . .

Last edited:

northernbloke12345

Reaction score
Just bought this ribbed bottle green cardigan brand new for £12 doesn't look too bad, wish i could remember what i did with the relco one i had, would buy another but not paying 40 quid for a cardigan.
s-l1600.jpg

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would of preferred them but i can live without, not a skin anymore so i'm not going for accuracy in that respect.
I’m in the same boat, my man. Just the utility of pockets on a cardigan seems a no-brainer. Still a deal breaker for me.
but yeah the racing green color is quite snazzy.

northernbloke12345

Reaction score
Never found much use for them honestly apart from perhaps for tissues or small change, i prefer to keep things like keys and phone in my waistcoat and suit pockets were they are more secure.

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Never found much use for them honestly apart from perhaps for tissues or small change, i prefer to keep things like keys and phone in my waistcoat and suit pockets were they are more secure.
I thought they were just to keep your hands warm. I would definitely lose anything I put into a cardigan pocket

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Would of preferred them but i can live without, not a skin anymore so i'm not going for accuracy in that respect.

A good 30 years before skins, but i wouldn't mind a cardigan like what the guy on the right is wearing, never seen any like it in the modern day.
View attachment 1737178
[/QUO
Keen eye. I love how it buttons almost to the neck. Looks like flap pockets too, very stylish.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The utility of pockets on specific items of clothing is lost on me. I carry the exact same stuff in the exact same pockets whenever I leave the house, so if I was to use pockets on a cardigan, waistcoat, cargo pants/shorts etc (three items I don’t own and don’t expect ever to own!!) then what would I do with my gear on the days I WASN’T wearing said items? The answer is put it back in the pockets I use every day! (Wallet rear right, phone rear left, keys front left, pocket handkerchief front right!)

The only use for pockets on a cardigan is for when you become a grandad to keep a bag of toffees in there to lash out when the bairns come round. That’s what my ol’ pop used to do!😁

Featured Sponsor

Pocket square on a coat: yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 4 10.5%