• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cutdown69

Reaction score
My mistake. I misred your previous post and was speaking of the tennis shirts.

speaking of the Laurel wreath made of a piece of cotton, they recently made a collab with NCabourn with a vintage tennis shirt like that. (I’ve got one)

And they re-did a Jumper with a logo like that some years ago it was a Terry Hall (from the Specials) model.

View attachment 1598072

View attachment 1598073
Like this?

Attachments

Cutdown69

Reaction score
Is that a genuine FP? I don't remember seeing that style before.
It doesn't have a label on back of collar, but I've just always assumed it's genuine. I remember picking it up in a charity shop in Manchester mid 90s..whilst visiting a student mate of mine. Just realised it's polyester not acrylic

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe a bit later and certainly more desirable were the smooth-knit versions. These were all one colour with no piping. Most popular was all solid red. The Laurel wreath was navy and embroidered in like the polo shirts. I thought these were acrylic too but I may be wrong.
These are the only FP pullovers I remember and I still have the sticky label mine came with, they were made from Courtelle 100% acrylic

For anyone wanting to do an early 80s skinhead look, burgundy and grey (except for jackets) will get you there - skinhead always used to reflect the mainstream. Anyone remember 'trendy' girls with burgundy dyed hair?

Last edited:

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The poll is up in the Eyewear! Challenge.

andyf

Reaction score
There was definitely a 'burgundy-boom' round my way in '81/'82. Burgundy sta-prest (that didn't stay pressed), burgundy leather 'hunter' jackets, burgundy 'Y' cardigans, burgundy shoes that laced at the side, burgundy pin-collar shirts. Grey was a big colour around then as well. Then in '83 everything burgundy was gone.
I remember the burgundy phase when I was a teen in my area.

Swampster

Reaction score
I remember the burgundy phase when I was a teen in my area.
'Beat Surrender' has just been on the TV on a Top of the Pops compilation. Tracie is wearing one of those Nordic design jumpers which IIRC were popular at the same time as the burgundy thing (though hers is a dress and doesn't have any burgundy). I don't suppose they are well regarded on SF but I have fond memories of one of mine* (and less fond of another which was far worse quality). Remembering the girls in their dress versions also raise a wistful sigh.

*not the dress style, I hasten to add.

Inkss

Reaction score
Clip from a good documentary about bent coppers in the 60s/70s

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey