• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knowing my luck, someone will have one of those 60s egg-chairs upholstered in mink or have a massive bronze bust of Hitler or something.

I have a bust of Hitler!

I used to attend auction previews with a colleague. He dealt in old postcards, I was interested in anything at all. At one preview, for a house-clearance sale, the only thing worth having was a bust of Mussolini. That's how bad things were. To this day I wonder what the hell someone in Broughty Ferry was doing with a bust of Il Duce in their house!

But then, I once had a girlfriend who had a bust of V I Lenin.

Anyhow, back to skinhead stuff...

Gsvs5

Reaction score
Interesting topic skinhead furniture, not sure what that would be but it would probably include a sideboard.the
I have the odd piece of Utility furniture from my parents, very clean and basic postwar furniture with some subtle design features.
My parents had some G-Plan Ladderax shelving units that I would be pleased to own today.Nothing else from our house during that era could remotely be described as stylish.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're not mutually exclusive, you can be vegan while also caring about those issues. How many products do people buy on a daily basis that you can knowingly connect to those things? Wool fur leather meat dairy and eggs are all things that people buy on a daily basis that are unnecessary and can easily be avoided. it's a lot harder to pinpoint what products are paying for the human atrocities and being vegan doesn't mean that you're not against those things in fact you are by default if you live a vegan lifestyle.
You can tell a lot about a society from how it treats the most vulnerable and non-human animals are certainly the most vulnerable. If humans are going to bully defenseless innocent animals of course they're going to treat each other badly.

Quit making excuses.
For thousands of years man has foraged as hunter gatherers , meat , leather, eggs , wool , hide , milk etc have all been used for centuries , it is part of the culture .
Now , you are welcome to your political opinions but trying to shove them down other peoples throats just confirms that you have a higher regard for animals than us , mankind . .

Quit making excuses.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to attend auction previews with a colleague. He dealt in old postcards, I was interested in anything at all. At one preview, for a house-clearance sale, the only thing worth having was a bust of Mussolini. That's how bad things were. To this day I wonder what the hell someone in Broughty Ferry was doing with a bust of Il Duce in their house!

I once had a girlfriend who had the bust of Sophia Loren . .

. .alright , l'll get me coat. .

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
For thousands of years man has foraged as hunter gatherers , meat , leather, eggs , wool , hide , milk etc have all been used for centuries , it is part of the culture .
Now , you are welcome to your political opinions but trying to shove them down other peoples throats just confirms that you have a higher regard for animals than us , mankind . .

Quit making excuses.

**** and murder of humans has been happening just as long. You're using appeal to tradition and appeal to culture fallacies.

I'm not shoving anything down anyone's throat. You on the other hand are literally paying for just that to happen to animals.

If there is a product I'm buying that you can prove directly supports the ****, torture and murder of humans please let me know and I will boycott.

Stop making excuses

Swampster

Reaction score
My parents had some G-Plan Ladderax shelving units that I would be pleased to own today.Nothing else from our house during that era could remotely be described as stylish.
My mother still has a couple of G-Plan pieces from about 58/59 which I now rather like. I noticed the same things on the Romola Garai drama 'The Hour' when I rewatched it recently. The sideboard in particular would need a bit of work - partly to repair the teething marks left by a young Swampster.

Inkss

Reaction score

The Broughty Ferry station master bought it, and weirdly the trains have been on time ever since.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** and murder of humans has been happening just as long. You're using appeal to tradition and appeal to culture fallacies.

I'm not shoving anything down anyone's throat. You on the other hand are literally paying for just that to happen to animals.

If there is a product I'm buying that you can prove directly supports the ****, torture and murder of humans please let me know and I will boycott.

Stop making excuses
Stop making patronising comments .

You have no idea what l pay for and besides it has absolutuely cock all to do with you , so you can knock off the prejudemental remarks . .
If you feel so strongly about animals , maybe you should go protest outside MacD*nalds or Murder King or maybe Wall*art, see how that goes. .

This is not a platform for your personal political beliefs and l can assure you , you wont alter my viewpoint

Last edited:

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Stop making patronising comments .

You have no idea what l pay for and besides it has absolutuely cock all to do with you , so you can knock off the prejudemental remarks . .
If you feel so strongly about animals , maybe you should go protest outside MacD*nalds or Murder King or maybe Wall*art, see how that goes. .

This is not a platform for your personal political beliefs and l can assure you , you wont alter my viewpoint

You literally said you bought a fur trimmed hood.

I do protest a lot of places.

This is a platform where I can voice my opinion, unless the group is run by people against freedom of speech. Is being against slavery political?

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lads, freedom of speech is one thing. Persisting in off-topic posts - no matter which side of the argument you are on - is another.

I beg you not to keep wanting the last word on that particular topic. We are all, by now, well aware of individuals' views.

Inkss

Reaction score
Speaking of interior decor as we weren't, a friend of my brother has just bought this beauty :
wasp.jpg

He's got it in his living room. As I would too (and not just because I live in a really sketchy neighbourhood)

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of interior decor as we weren't, a friend of my brother has just bought this beauty :
View attachment 1570875

He's got it in his living room. As I would too (and not just because I live in a really sketchy neighbourhood)
That , is indeed a beauty , lovely paint job too . .
Would l have it in my living room ? Dunno about that one but of course , JtG have a scooter on the shop floor which looks great and always a couple parked outside.

Cutdown69

Reaction score
View attachment 1570875

That's really nice. Gs160 I think? Although I've always ridden Lambrettas so I'm not 100%
Scooters look great indoors as historic art I think. Was thinking about that recently as I'm rebuilding one at the moment, with new paintwork. They're bringing in E10 (10% ethanol) to UK soon, which will make a lot of old and especially tuned 2 strokes go bang
At some point you just won't be able to ride these old machines on the road.. Sad, although I do understand its for the greater good I guess
I just need to persuade my misses that a scooter would really liven up our living room!!.. I could keep my slippers and medicine in it!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics