• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My preference is the M-65 , though l reckon the N3B would be more convienent for trips using the car. .
I haven't owned an N3B for a long time but l recall that the ones with the wool batting are very cosy. .

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Let me give you a hint, constantly trying to force your own views on people is no way to convert them, you turn them against you not make them join you. It simply doesn't work, and you are preaching to a small minority of people here. You would be better off doing it on the streets, not on a thread about old subcultures.

Secondly, stop getting offended over everything you see and don't take it as a personal attack on you, it's no way to live life. this is the last thing i'm gonna say because this is fucking boring and off topic, and i have some more important shit to do.
That's the pot calling the kettle black. You responded to my post, not the other way around. And yes I do this on the streets often. I've been part of several pressure campaigns and a few have had large success where companies stop selling fur and give up funding of cruel practices. Every little bit counts. Abusers obviously want victims and witnesses to be quiet because it allows the abuser to continue the abuse with impunity.
I didn't know posting words in a forum was considered forcing my views on anyone. I would consider paying people to torture, rape and murder animals forcing their views.
I didn't realize you were an expert on social change. Perhaps you can use the method that you think works best on yourself and go vegan.

donkeyjacket2

Reaction score
That's the pot calling the kettle black. You responded to my post, not the other way around. And yes I do this on the streets often. I've been part of several pressure campaigns and a few have had large success where companies stop selling fur and give up funding of cruel practices. Every little bit counts. Abusers obviously want victims and witnesses to be quiet because it allows the abuser to continue the abuse with impunity.
I didn't know posting words in a forum was considered forcing my views on anyone. I would consider paying people to torture, rape and murder animals forcing their views.
I didn't realize you were an expert on social change. Perhaps you can use the method that you think works best on yourself and go vegan.
You constantly keep repeating it, putting the thread off topic every single fucking time. Where i live has a problem with with heroin/crack addiction and unemployment/poverty and people scared of going out cos of gangs causing trouble for decent people, and kids being groomed by gangs. The least of my concern is some fat bastard eating a fucking cheeseburger or kebab. you were obviously born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

Grow the fuck up.

Inkss

Reaction score
My preference is the M-65 , though l reckon the N3B would be more convienent for trips using the car. .
I haven't owned an N3B for a long time but l recall that the ones with the wool batting are very cosy. .
The 1962 contract Southern Athletic N3B I bought a while back has the wool batting and is incredibly warm. Not as good a fit as the Greenbrier.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
You constantly keep repeating it, putting the thread off topic every single fucking time. Where i live has a problem with with heroin/crack addiction and unemployment/poverty and people scared of going out cos of gangs causing trouble for decent people, and kids being groomed by gangs. The least of my concern is some fat bastard eating a fucking cheeseburger or kebab. you were obviously born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

Grow the fuck up.
That's very privileged of you to say considering you're not the one being forced into a slaughter house or to have electric rods shoved up your ass.

Grow up

Last edited:

Inkss

Reaction score
Any-f**king-hoo, do you think your personal style or choice of attire is reflected in how your abode is furnished or the general decor therein ?
I don't mean like full-on retro like those people who 'live' in the 40s/50s whose houses look like museums. But stylistic classics that fit in within present day interiors. Stuff that doesn't look out of place today, but if you saw it, you'd think 'I bet an old Mod/Skin lives here.'
I dunno, from something as obvs as a roundel or poster for an Oi ! gig on the wall, to something like the odd bit of Mid-Century Modern furniture.
Myself, not really. I have an old 60s Pan Am poster and the Saul Bass Vertigo poster, and my gaff is a bit Habitat done on the cheap.
Thought I'd change the subject to something not totally on topic, but still in the general ballpark.

Knowing my luck, someone will have one of those 60s egg-chairs upholstered in mink or have a massive bronze bust of Hitler or something.

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knowing my luck, someone will have one of those 60s egg-chairs upholstered in mink or have a massive bronze bust of Hitler or something.
I have a bust of Hitler!

Interesting topic skinhead furniture, not sure what that would be but it would probably include a sideboard.

I have the odd piece of Utility furniture from my parents, very clean and basic postwar furniture with some subtle design features.

Last edited:

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bin the fur. Trust me it's the right move.
I consider that we need to handle the plight of our fellow man before we focus on the small furry animals . The genocide in China , the people trafficing , the wholesale child abuse and other crimes against humanity and thats before we get onto Human Rights abuses happening right now in your country and mine. .that's what is really shocking

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 1962 contract Southern Athletic N3B I bought a while back has the wool batting and is incredibly warm. Not as good a fit as the Greenbrier.
Yeah , l totally get it on the wool batting making for a rather quality, cosy jacket . I own a 1962 Skyline Clothing Co MA-1with the wool batting and it is much warmer and more stylish than the Alpha predecesor l had . Once the restrictions are over l am going to get the wool cuffs renewed on it.
I had a look at a twist and go Vespa this evening , it needs some work done to it , as it was in a crash but l think l could get it cheap(16 plate). .it would be ideal for my nipper;)

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
I consider that we need to handle the plight of our fellow man before we focus on the small furry animals . The genocide in China , the people trafficing , the wholesale child abuse and other crimes against humanity and thats before we get onto Human Rights abuses happening right now in your country and mine. .that's what is really shocking
They're not mutually exclusive, you can be vegan while also caring about those issues. How many products do people buy on a daily basis that you can knowingly connect to those things? Wool fur leather meat dairy and eggs are all things that people buy on a daily basis that are unnecessary and can easily be avoided. it's a lot harder to pinpoint what products are paying for the human atrocities and being vegan doesn't mean that you're not against those things in fact you are by default if you live a vegan lifestyle.
You can tell a lot about a society from how it treats the most vulnerable and non-human animals are certainly the most vulnerable. If humans are going to bully defenseless innocent animals of course they're going to treat each other badly.

Quit making excuses.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guy. Take it elsewhere. I believe most members of this forum have heard your decree and will process it with as much salt as he sees fit. You have made your stance known; we who care will continue to care in the capacity which we see fit. Those who don’t will not. Your badgering, while well-intended, is not going to change minds. Please continue to post your excellent clothing designs, but desist from alienating yourself from those whom you are advertising to. Thank you Nik.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 36 15.5%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Carmina

Votes: 35 15.0%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 77 33.0%