• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Swampster

Reaction score
more like a geriatric metrosexual artisanal curated hipster who oils his beard frequently.
I think that was the intention :)

The "comedy" relies on him thinking they want a trendy version of _de Niro_ for an ad whereas it is for the Kia _Niro_. I laughed for weeks and weeks...

Gsvs5

Reaction score
1B0E4D28-B949-40B6-90B1-840F2FBD60BF.jpeg

Nothing new just rotating the old stuff.
1B0E4D28-B949-40B6-90B1-840F2FBD60BF.jpeg
Happy New Year

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few Tkmaxx buys
Sorry about the photo quality.

Henri Lloyd "vessel" jacket, should be pale blue £22.
Started out making clothing for sailing I believe, and normally pricey.
IMG_9420.JPG

Ben Sherman from the archive range, really nice oxford cloth with all the details.
IMG_9426.JPG

3 knitted Fred Perry tops, had salesman samples on the
FP label.
Should be dark blue,cream,grey. Crew neck with a zip., a bit cycling top ish.
IMG_9421.JPG

Black 3 button collar , the front panel has a jacquard pattern.
IMG_9422.JPG

Navy blue 3 button collar.
IMG_9424.JPG

Roberto Cavalli roll neck. Wool/Cashmere blend, £24, rrp on label £580!!!!!!
IMG_9425.JPG

Gsvs5

Reaction score
I like the Henri Lloyd.That brand was very popular with Scandinavian teens around ,76-1980.Your jacket is a take on the classic Italian Valsterino.Nice.
I mentioned them a few years ago,but inspired no conversation In the other thread I think?
Laughably (IMO) Harrington's,Fred Perry and ‘Dessies‘ continue to dominate.
Every season the fashion industry looks for that “something special’ to give consumers a ‘reason to buy’.
When that font runs dry,the Industry dies.Just like these threads.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Henri Lloyd.That brand was very popular with Scandinavian teens around ,76-1980.Your jacket is a take on the classic Italian Valsterino.Nice.
I mentioned them a few years ago,but inspired no conversation In the other thread I think?
Laughably (IMO) Harrington's,Fred Perry and ‘Dessies‘ continue to dominate.
Every season the fashion industry looks for that “something special’ to give consumers a ‘reason to buy’.
When that font runs dry,the Industry dies.Just like these threads.
Cheers that's what attracted me to it, something a bit different to my usual casual garb and cheap.

benj84

Reaction score
Cheers that's what attracted me to it, something a bit different to my usual casual garb and cheap.
It's not a dig Yorky but do you ever a get a bit overwhelmed with the amount of clothes you buy. Does it take a long time deciding what to wear at times

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not a dig Yorky but do you ever a get a bit overwhelmed with the amount of clothes you buy. Does it take a long time deciding what to wear at times
Was thinking the same thing, which is what inspired my previous comment on the three near identical MA-1s.

I should be careful myself - lest the gods of hypocrisy smite me! - but I try to get some variety in my acquisitions so as not to repeat or overlap by too much. Sometimes we get attracted to either an item itself or the rush we get from acquiring it, especially if it’s something rare that we’ve been craving and tracking for a long time, but the end result of this is the more acquisitions the less they get worn as they have to compete with so much other stuff.

At this time people often make lists of what they’re hoping to acquire in the new year. My ambition is to buy as little as possible! Also to get rid of some stuff. I’ve said this the last several years and not done much about it but have had some recent success with eBay sales recently so will continue in that vein. Working from home even more than I usually do over the last year has me looking at some of the lesser worn and lesser attractive stuff in my wardrobe and wondering what might be next to get shifted to the spare room cupboard to be photographed and get listed on eBay!

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No offence taken, l suppose I do at times, but I have got rid of a lot of stuff recently, and I also enjoy buying and wearing new gear, I don't spend much on fully priced items. I have decided not to buy anymore now until the end of the summer.
Saw a White Fred monkey jacket yesterday in TKmaxx with red and blue trim, but resisted it as I already have one albeit being about 25 years old now., it was a steal at £40 as they are now over £200.

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As mentioned before, the film Please Sir! (1971) has some great looks but none as good as the 3 button suit slightly flared worn with a paisley patterned shirt. This bloke is definitely moving on.

Screenshot_20210104-121414.png

Screenshot_20210104-121504.png

Screenshot_20210104-121621.png

Screenshot_20210104-121656.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads